The Lovely Bite: 4. Drown In Delusions

We've only been in the car for about 10 minutes and at one point we were driving down a highway but after one turn, we are in the woods and Mr. Hansel is driving on a dirt path.

"Where are we?" I ask, looking at the close by trees around us. Honestly, this is creepy and one thing is running through my head, that he is going to rape me then kill me.

"We are almost there." Is the only thing he says with a long smirk on his face. I purse my lips into a firm line because I am getting furious.

"Okay, seriously, why did my parents even let me come to this school! It's in the middle of nowhere!"

"First of all, it isn't in the middle of nowhere and secondly, they didn't choose to let you come. I did."

"What?" I snap my head to the side and I look at him, the smirk still on his pretty little face.

"I used my magic on them and made them accept you to come."

"What the hell?" I say back while slamming back in my seat. Is everyone on drugs or something?

"I wanna go home." I whisper but still loud enough for him to hear.

"We are here." He skips my statement and stops the car, turning it off and getting out. He goes to the trunk and takes my luggage out. I curse under my breath while getting out, putting my backpack on. I stick my hat down on my head in frustration while walking up to Mr. Hansel.

"Is this some kind of fucking joke? We are in the middle of nowhere!" I scream, my echoing voice responding back with the same words I said. We literally are in the middle of the dark woods with who knows what kind of animals outside. He ignores me, walking straight to a still worn out path. Eventually he stops his walking and looks down at something.

I stand besides him and there is some kind of river in front of us. It's small and looks gross and disease-like kind of river. I shudder at the thought of swimming in there until...

"Jump." Mr. Hansel says to me and I snap my head towards him, taking a step back.

"What? No!"

"Trust me and jump Adeline." I lean closer to the water and I see nothing but darkness. I laugh while looking up at him.

"Okay, you got me. Are my parents trying to scare me or something? If so tell them to come out of their hiding spots now."

"This is no joke, Adeline. Now jump in and you'll see." I cross my arms across my chest while shaking at the thought.

"So you can drown me or something?" He rolls his eyes and runs his hands through his hair.

"Soon I will if you don't jump in the damn water!" I get shaken up from his words while I walk closer to him.

"And who has the right to make me get in that filthy ass-" He grabs my shoulders and pushes me in. I wish there was a close tree to grab support but I slip in from the mud. I scream before my head hits the water and I get engulfed from the disease-like liquid. My whole body gets soaking wet, thanks because now I have to shower.

Now I'm going to get mad because my laptop and books are getting wet in my backpack. I'm too terrified to open my eyes because I don't want to come to face with some loch ness monster or darkness. I'm holding my breath but I know I can't hold it any longer or I will die. The waves become rough again, feeling like someone dived in also. Mr. Hansel? I shake out of my thoughts and I finally try to swim up for oxygen.

I use my weak swim -better than doggy padding though- and I try to reach air. I feel like I can't and I am so tired. I bring my arm up to see if I will feel air but I don't... I feel a firm grip wrap around my wrist. Someone tugs and I'm getting pulled out of the water. It also feels weird like I'm going through some kind of mirror. I land on grass and I gasp for air, rolling on my back and looking up. It's still night and Mr. Hansel is looking down at me. My luggage is right next to him also.

"Are you going to get up or what?" He gives me a 'duh' look and I rest on my elbows. I realize that I am not wet... at all. The only wet is my sweat that is along my back because I am freaking out. Mr. Hansel isn't soaking wet either, he looks the same before I saw him, when he pushed me in the water.

"Why aren't I wet?" I ask, looking up at him.

"Magic." He whispers before bending down and grabbing my upper arm. I don't protest while he picks me up and places me up on my feet. "That was a dick move though." I add while brushing my clothes down. I run my hands through my hair but my eyes widen when I realize that I don't have my hat on. I gasp turning around and looking down at the river but nothing is floating.

"Are you looking for this?" I spin around and Mr. Hansel is holding my hat with one finger. I grin, snatching it and putting it on. "Also you got me annoyed and there was going to be no way to make you jump in so that was my last option."

"Not cool." I huff out and I finally look around us. We aren't in the woods, we are standing at an open field. There are some bloomed flowers around and around the river. "Where the hell are we?" I face Mr. Hansel and he smiles at me moving out of the way. When he moves I come to face with a huge mansion. It's a while long walk across the field to reach the mansion but I don't care. The mansion is in the middle but next to it is two other small buildings.

"Welcome to Willow-Red School in Allieset Dark, Adeline." He says to me while I stare at it with my mouth wide open.

"Is this still some kind of joke?" Is the only thing I can ask him while he chuckles to himself and walks towards the buildings. Something cracks behind me and I jump in fright while catching up to him.

I AM SO EXCITED TO WRITE THIS BOOK LOL

vote

comment

follow me :)