The Lovely Bite: 10. There Goes The Mess

The next morning:

Piper and I woke up extra early today and I know what she meant about Fiona's obnoxious voice in the morning.

"A happy good morning to all of you girls. Hope everything is good! Today's breakfast will be special so I hope I see you all. Come at nine o'clock because I will be talking. It is mandatory, everyone come."

Her voice disappears when the speaker turns off. I turn to Piper rolling my eyes long and good for her to see. Changing out of my pajamas, I put on a thin sweater and high rise jean shorts.

We both walk down to the dining room in silence with other girls around us. They are all taking to each other and laughing like they have been best friends for years. I guess that's what happens when you are social unlike Piper and I.

There are tables scattered like yesterday and we take a table up for ourselves in the far corner. A worker asks us what we would like to eat and we each order a humongous dish.

When the food came out ten minutes later, Fiona stood in front of us, calling all of us to grab our attention.

"Good morning and happy Sunday!" She cheers while we all eat in silence. "It will be a quick chat with all of you guys. I hope you like here so far."

"Sure do." I whisper sarcastically while Piper chokes out a giggle.

"Tomorrow is your first day of school here. You all will be in the same classes together. The classes are women industry, wardrobe inc., vampire biology, and female behavior."

"Ew no." Piper whispers back to me while chewing on buttered toast.

"Classes start at nine o'clock and you have to be in class on time. And the end of this week, you all will get ready for the annual dance and meet the boys. After that... I'll let you all know soon enough." She pauses, staring at every girl in the room. "Thank you and enjoy." Fiona finishes, walking away and heading to the exit.

It's silent for a couple of seconds until all the girls start talking again like nothing happened. After finishing with my food I turn my head to see a table with drinks. I am thirsty. I look at Piper, bobbing my head towards the table and she nods to me, slowly getting up from her chair.

It's just amazing how you meet a friend and you already like her. Piper is like me and I love it. We both walk to the table which is awkwardly full with some girls. They all are like white girls, getting their coffee. Too bad it isn't Starbucks. I sigh, squishing through all of them, grabbing a Styrofoam cup for some coffee. I glare at the decaf and my face cringes in detest. Next to it is regular and my eyes bright up with excitement.

I grab the nozzle, pulling it down while the steamy dark liquid splashes in the cup. Piper is next to me, getting orange juice in her cup and in another chocolate milk. I wonder why she's getting two drinks but it's better off not knowing. Suddenly, someone behind me clears their throat.

I snap my head to see who it is and it's one of the girls. She's staring at me with her thin awkwardly plucked eyebrows and plumb lips. Her eyes are narrowed and bright green. Something burns my fingers and I pull back, realizing that I burnt myself while pouring the coffee. I forgot I was pouring it and it overfilled, the hot liquid burning my flesh.

"You fucker." I mumble to myself while bring my fingers in my mouth, trying to sooth down the burning pain. It doesn't work and I look down at the spilled cup that I dropped that is all over the table. Great, now I totally embarrassed myself.

"Here." Piper says to me, handing me a cup of regular milk. I grab it with my hand, my burnt one still in my mouth. I pull it out, dipping it in the milk while the chilling sensation cools it down. I sigh in relief.

"Ehem." The same girls says behind me and I roll my eyes, turning back to the girl who made me spill my drink.

"Yes?" I say to her annoyed with my hand randomly in a cup of milk. Some girls around us giggle and the girl rests her hands on her hips.

"Are you almost done?" She says to me with an pathetic look on her face. I don't say anything meanwhile she tilts her head to the side, checking behind me. "Well, I do see that you made some kind of mess."

"And you are?" I finally speak up to her, the room silencing with all attention on us.

"Adeline. And you are the other Adeline who is a freak." Girls gasp and I'm one of them. Who dares to say that to me. And the bitch who has the same name as me!

"Woah, woah, woah. Listen honey, I am not here to start any trouble." I reply back to her with my bitchy/cocky tone of a voice. She rolls her eyes, turning her head to the side, looking away from me.

"Well you did start problems here already with Phillip."

"Wait, what?"

"You are just trying to get your fingers tangled up with them so you can get chosen."

"That did not happen at all." Piper's voice appears in the air and I look at Adeline with my mouth wide open.

"Don't even start with me. I don't have my period but I still can be a bitch without my period." I growl to her because she's getting on my damn nerves. When someone bothers me, I can get pissed off real quick. I may seem like the kindest person but inside, I'm Satan's spawn.

"Okay, slut." She shrugs and I open my mouth wide in shock. The next thing I do is pull out my burning fingers from the cup of milk. I throw the cup at her, milk splashing all over her chest. Everyone around us try and cover a laugh while I smirk. 

"I think you made some kind of mess." I reply back, walking past her with Piper still shocked, holding her two drinks in her hands.

"You bitch!" I know Adeline is going to come after me so I sprint out of the dining room. I run down a hall I have never been through and I run till I lose her. Eventually, I find my way back to the lobby and the front desk man is talking to the one and only Mr. Hansel.

I grumble under my breath, hoping he won't stop me but of course he does. I just don't want him to bring up what happen yesterday because that was awkward.

"Adeline, I was looking for you." He calls and I stop from walking, turning around to face him.

"Yes?" I say, giving him a half smile because I feel unsure about what he's going to say.

"I heard that there was a problem that just happened and you were the one that started it. Miss. Adeline came up to me crying and saying that you ruined her shirt." He walks up to me and I cross my arms over my chest.

"Hold up, that is a lie. Wait, no. Spilling the milk is true but-" I pause and he looks at me amused. "-Um I was the victim. My bully just pissed me off so I hit back, shouldn't you always hit back to be bigger than your bully?"

"In human school? Yes. In this place? No."

"Hey, that girl Adeline started it. She's lucky I didn't use my nails." I lift up my hand, revealing my non-clipped nails.

"Yeah but she has claws." Mr. Hansel admits while gesturing towards the front door. "Come' on, I need to talk to you about what happen." I pout, slamming my hands against my thighs.

"Are you serious! I did nothing wrong! Can you just let me go and no one will know?" I ask him while the front desk man chuckles under his breath at my comment. Mr. Hansel's blue eyes narrow towards mine, rolling them long and slow.

"It doesn't go that way. I'm the principle, I need to do my job." I start to follow him out the doors when he walks ahead of me.

"This is unfair."

"Life is unfair." I scoff at his comment.

AYEEEE I LOVE THIS.

How do you guys like Adeline? Opinions?

vote

comment

follow me ;)