The Lovely Bite: 6. Meeting Someone New

Fiona brings me back to all the girls who are huddled together in fright. I stand behind them all, Fiona in front of us and leading us to our 'dorms'. Mr. Hansel is silently walking behind us all, so no one can escape again.

We leave the mansion and out the door, a bit upset that we are leaving a beautiful building. It's still night out, a warm breeze brushing along our bodies. I sigh, hoping I can talk to someone soon because I do talk a lot and I do need answers.

"Aren't you the principle? Shouldn't you be up there besides Fiona?" I ask Mr. Hansel who is next to me. I can't stop thinking of the crimson red eyes of his when he showed his vampire side. I kind of forgot the thought of that, wishing that they didn't exist.

"I am the principle but they don't do much only talk to kids who get in trouble during the classes. Fiona is my aunt, took me in when I was an infant and raised me when my parents died." I didn't ask how but I just left our conversation to die down. "But Fiona is the leader of these games."

"Is it really some kind of game? For you vampires to torture teenage humans?"

"Not really, sometimes the vampires fall for the humans and the humans stay with them. We just need a human who is in use for them, to stop their thirst when they are hungry, help them cook and clean."

"So what are we, slaves?"

"Not really, Adeline. Don't think of it like that. I'm going to tell you, these girls are terrified now but when they see the boys, they will want to win. It's a big opportunity."

"Really?" I say, realizing that we are walking to one of the buildings that is next to the mansion.

"Yeah, if you stay with them for years. You get paid more money than your parents probably do, you get to live the life you want..." He pauses and holds the door open for me to go in first. I look in his eyes while he stared in return. "Don't you want that?" He finishes his sentence and I shudder at his soft voice.

"I don't know if I do with a vampire."

"Oh then you are missing out." Mr. Hansel replies back before leaving me and walking up to Fiona. She's staring at the crowd and I realize that our luggages are in the lobby too. A man who was sitting at the front desk hands her papers while she takes them.

"Okay, this is the building where your dorms are at. You will live, sleep and eat here. I will call everyones names and you will go to your dorms." Fiona starts to call names and slowly the crowd started to die down. I realized that in our dorm we are staying with another girl. So I guess we'll have a roommate.

"Adeline O'Here and Piper Woods." I walk up to her, grabbing the paper in her hand and walking to the pile of luggages.

"Adeline..." Fiona calls my name again and I turn around but it didn't seem like it was meant for me. She was looking down at the paper in her hands, a smile on her face. "I guess there is two Adeline's here. Adeline Orched and Gabby Smith." Great, now there's two girls with the name Adeline. I don't even want to see the girl who has my name so I grab my luggage and I walk down the hall.

"Wait up!" A high pitched voice cries behind me while I stop walking. The girl catches us, tripping over her luggage that is dragged behind her. "I'm Piper, your roommate."

"Oh hi, I'm Adeline." She doesn't say anything else because she seemed shy so I let her be. I finally find out our dorm is on the second floor and we needed to take the elevator. A bunch of girls were already inside the elevator with us while they spoke about going to this vampire school. I shudder at the thought of it while listening to that darn elevator music.

Eventually we reach to the second floor and there is a hall with doors. I look down at my room number and I find it. I open it up and it's a decent size for a 'dorm' of two. It's a rectangular room with two beds on each corner and two desks on each end of them. There are two other storage bins for our clothes and a large closet. We both walk in, Piper tossing her things on an empty bed. I peak in another door and there's a full bathroom.

"So, I guess I will take this side and you take that. If that's okay." Piper finally speaks up and I nod, walking to the other side which is near the window. I glare out the window and it's showing over the long yard and the woods all the way in the back. I yawn and I didn't realize that I'm really exhausted.

A bell rang and I look around alerted but I realize that there is a speaker over the door.

"Hello girls, there will be dinner set downstairs in the dining room if any of you are hungry before you go to bed. Have a good night." I hear Fiona's voice say through the speaker.

"Are you going to go?" Piper asks me, tossing her luggage on the ground. I sit down on the bed, sighing.

"No, I kind of lost my appetite after finding out why we are here."

"Same, I just wouldn't think vampires are real."

"True, my whole existence is a lie." I say but mostly to myself. Piper is staring at me from across in silence, slowly dragging her eyes to the ground.

"I don't really know what to do."

"The right thing to do is not try and go home as soon as possible." I say to her, my eyes meeting hers. Piper laughs a shaky breath, running her hands through her hair.

"I can't do that, that's not right."

"Yes it is, well for me. If Mr. Hansel made my parents agree on brining me here, then I am leaving. I am not getting chosen as some helper for human boys who are going to become vampires. I am not dying."

"They said the same thing to my parents. They are so strict and they would never make me leave like this. I feel like they have powers to persuade people."

"I so agree because Mr. Hansel told me it was magic. I just hope I go home."

"Me too." She agrees while we look around the room in silence.

"Okay, well I'm going to get ready for bed." I say, getting up and grabbing my pajamas from my luggage and makeup bag. I go in the bathroom while I change and brush my teeth. I get back out and Piper is making her bed. I remember that I have to do that too so I take out sheets from my luggage and I make my bed.

After I jump on, realizing how comfy the mattress is and I cuddle under the blankets. I hear Piper moving things around and going in and out from the bathroom until I fall asleep.

I am so sorry for the late update! I've been so busy with school and whatnot.

vote

comment

follow me :)