The Lovely Bite: 18. The Station

After walking past all the trees and down the hill, we reach a sidewalk. Vampires are outside, walking like civilians and minding their own business. We walk normally too, crossing a road and onto the side where they have shops.

"Do they know we are human?" Piper whispers in my ear and I look around. No one was paying any attention to us like they are bound not to stare at our direction.

"I have no clue, wouldn't they be able to smell us or something?" I reply back and she shrugs, moving closer to me like she is scared. We walk down the busy sidewalk, vampires going in stores and laughing with people. We turn to walk away from all of them but Piper tugs me to a stop.

I glare at her confused but when I look ahead there was a group of guys. Some were smoking cigarettes and there was two attached to a girl against the wall. Pleasure feeding. They were both feeding off of her. One of them spots us and we both turn around, heading back to the busy sidewalk.

"Hey, come back!" The one that saw us shouts but we didn't even hesitate to pick up our speed. I turn to see if anyone was following us but no one was.

"Let's go in a store." I say, worrying if someone is that I didn't see. We walked in a random store and people were looking around at the clothes. We pretend that we are too, taking them out and showing them to each other. I bump into a woman and I say sorry but she didn't seem too happy. I heard crying and she was tugging along a toddler in her hand.

The toddler looks up at me while crying and she seemed human. Oh wait. When vampires are young they are human until they get bitten. So they wouldn't think we are 'human' but humans and going to become vampires. Piper glares at me and when she turns around, a middle-aged woman grabs her.

"What in the hell are you two doing here!" She shouts, grabbing Piper by the arm so she doesn't move away.

"What?"

"You humans aren't suppose to be here." How does she know that we are human? Wouldn't she not know the difference between a vampire human and a human?

"Are you girls new and are suppose to be at the station?"

"What station?" I snap back, knowing that we just got into a situation.

"Oh don't play dumb with me. I get this all the time. Come with me, I'm taking you guys to the station."

"No, we are from the school. We snuck out of Willow-Red." She grabs me by the arm too and tugs both of us out of the store.

"Oh I hear that all the time. Better get a new excuse."

"We really did!" Piper shouts and the woman shakes her head.

"Yeah, okay." I try and pull out of her grip but she is too strong.

"My guardian is Chandler Hansel, call him and he will know." I spill out and the woman chuckles.

"Hansel? A guardian for a human? I don't think so." I groan out of frustration and people around us watch silently.

"I'm being serious, call him." I demand with my tone darker but she just ignores me. Piper gives me a pleading look and I glance away defeated. We end up in a small two floor building and we walk in. She lets go of us right when the door shuts and she walks behind the front desk.

"These two girls were caught roaming. If I didn't find them, they would have been eaten alive." The man looking down at paperwork chuckles, darting his eyes towards us.

"Immature humans."

"Hey, I'm right here and can hear you." I growl and he rolls his eyes.

"Give me your names." He says to us. I walk closer to the desk and he is holding a pen in his hand which is ready to write on the paper below it.

"Adeline O'Here." I say and he writes it down before flipping the page. He looks towards Piper and she takes a deep breath.

"Piper Woods." After writing her name down too he sticks his hand out like we are suppose to give him something.

"Okay and paperwork?" Piper and I look at each other and she shrugs. He brings his eyes back to us and the woman who brought us to this building laughs.

"What paperwork?" He sighs, dropping his pen on the desk and rubs his face with his hands.

"The paperwork you are suppose to bring with you, like blood-type, weight, height..." He looks at me with a 'duh' face and I bite my bottom lip.

"Okay, let me explain something to you like I did to her but she didn't listen. We snuck out of the Willow-Red school and we weren't suppose to come here but she dragged us here. So I prefer for you to call my guardian Chandler Hansel and explain what happen so he can come pick us up." I spit out quickly and the man just stares at me. Suddenly he closes the file he wrote Piper and I's name in and gets up.

"Alright, you two are going to go in the mixed section of the station."

"What the fuck is this!" I scream when he walks behind us so we can walk forward towards a door.

"This is a feeding station darling." He huffs out and Piper and I walk through the door. It is a narrow hallway with different doors which says different blood types. In the end was the mix. The one we are suppose to be in. We go through that door and there are about five humans in the room sitting on a chair.

They look like they are resting, their heads resting on their shoulder. The room smells like blood and alcohol. It burns my nostrils while he drags us to two chairs in the end. When I look at the humans there are bite marks on their necks and wrists, scars.

"So vampires come here and feed on humans?" Piper's shaking voice asks and I sit on one chair and she sits on the other one next to me.

"Yeah, vampires feed off of blood bags but they can come here and feed on warm blood once a week." I shiver when he says that and I look at one of the humans that has woken up and starts to watch us. It's a boy, must be in his twenties.

"I'm telling you, we aren't suppose to be here." I plead to him but he keeps on walking towards the exit.

"Trust me, you'll like it." He says while opening the door. He faces us and gives us a wink. "It's very pleasurable."

He vanishes after that and I look down at the ground. Piper starts to freak out, whispering about how we are in a bad situation. We need to escape.

Heyyyyyy, I hope you guys liked this chapter.

Yes, a feeding station... I know right!

vote

comment

follow me :)