The Lovely Bite: 12. Late Is Not So Great

After having the deep ass conversation about my fake life, Mr. Hansel walked me back to my room. Piper must be worried sick about me but on the other side, she might not care.

"I'll see you tomorrow when the classes start, okay?"

"Yeah, thank you Mr. Hansel." I say, giving him a soft smile.

"Call me Chandler because Mr. Hansel is weird for a guardian's name. But do call me Mr. Hansel during classes. I do not want you to cause other trouble." I pause from walking, turning around and staring at him.

"Are you joking! I did nothing at all."

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding, come' on." He bops his head down the hall so we keep on walking. We walking together side by side, my head down low.

"Does anyone else know about this?" I ask him, following the grounds pattern.

"The girls? No. The boys? No. And let's make it stay that way. The workers and teachers around here? Yes they know and they were the ones who agreed with me to bring you here when it was time."

"Well, I think it was better off if I stayed in the human world."

"Well a lot of people wish things and they never get it." I think when he didn't want to bring up about his parents death. It's just so odd to me because my real parents died and it wasn't such a big deal for him to talk about it. Plus they all died from the same kind of species.

"That's true I guess." I mumble back to him and finally we reached my room. I stand in front of the door while looking up at Mr. Hansel. "Okay, I'll see you tomorrow." I awkwardly say and a smile appears on his lips.

"Good luck." I chuckle and abruptly, my dorm door swings open. Piper's face brightens up when she sees me and she jumps on me, bringing me into a hug.

"Oh my god! I was freaking out! I thought they ate you or tortured you-" She stops when she realizes Mr. Hansel is right next to me. And the fact that he's a vampire who she just shit faced about. A squeak escapes her lips and she takes a step back, thinking he'd do something to her.

"Alright Piper. Let's go inside." I say to her, grabbing her shoulders and pushing her through the door. I give one last glance at Mr. Hansel before he walks away. I shut the door and Piper turns around to stare at me.

"You need to tell me everything asap." I sigh, walking to my bed and sitting down on it.

"Well it's going to be a long night then." Chuckling at my own comment, Piper grins.

"Oh god if it is then..." I narrow my eyes at her and she points at the door. "Can we fetch dinner first?"

The next morning:

Just because Piper and I were up all night because I was telling her everything... We woke up late. Totally missed breakfast and the speaker of Fiona talking. I do not know how we slept through that. When I did wake up, it was eight forty-eight.

Almost time for our nine o'clock class. When I did see the time I jumped out of the bed, screaming at Piper to get ready. My voice startled her and she fell off her bed, slamming onto the ground. A groan escapes her lips while I slam myself into the bathroom door.

Don't ever wake up and jump out of bed because you will get dizzy.

I hear a giggle come from Piper while I go in the bathroom and do my business. After I leave Piper races in the bathroom. I change into a pair of jeans and a large sweater. It may be Spring but it's pretty chilly in the vampire world.

Class starts in five minutes!

I yell at Piper to hurry and when I race out the door, I trip on something. I face plant the ground, groaning in pain. I roll over, realizing that there was a box in front of our door. Piper opens it up and there are two folders and pens and pencils.

She takes them out and chucks the box inside our room before shutting the door. I get up from laying on the ground and in our folders are a paper of where our classes are at. We both look at each other then sprint off, deciding to take the exit stairs besides the elevator.

We run out of the building, the front desk man laughing at us. Jerk. We run down the sidewalk and into the middle building. I don't know if I should call it the mansion or school building? School building I guess. We go through the doors, now I'm dying for water.

Room 223.

We both bolt up the stairs and run down the hallways to find the room. Eventually we find it and the door is wide open. I stop running in front of the class and Piper smashes into me. We both are breathing deeply and I know I'm going to sweat soon.

We casually walk in and a young girl teacher is in front of the room. Every girl is sitting down in a desk, all attention on us. Adeline gives me a dirty look when I smile at her with my resting bitch face.

"Oh girls, you two decided to join in at..." The teacher pauses and looks at the clock. "Nine o' one. Excellent. Please take a seat. I will be introducing myself." Piper and I look at each other while I shrug. We head in the back, taking a seat next to each other.

"Okay, good morning and this is Women's Industry. I will be your teacher, Miss. Powers and trust me, this class is very easy. There is no tests or homework or quizzes. I am easy like that. Anyways, this class is the generation of women and how they changed during the years..." She kept on talking and I kept on zoning out. Eventually she gave us a sheet of paper and what the women used to do every century.

It's just annoying why we need to know all this crap. How is it going to help us with the boys if we get chosen. Girls were volunteering to read the paper she handed out. I slouched down in my seat and pretended I was following along but I was zoned out on one word.

This is going to be a long week of class.

I'm sorry I didn't update yesterday. I kind of forgot and I was with my family all day.

Hope you guys liked this chapter

Vote
Comment
Follow me :)