Ch 2: Meeting the Turtles

Jamie's POV

I felt horrible after what happened. I was still in pain, but it wasn't as bad as before. I slowly started waking up seeing a bright light. As my eyes adjusted, I started looking around. My eyes stopped and widened when I saw a human-sized turtle with a purple mask working at his desk. I started to sit up, but it hurt that I groaned a little. The turtle then turned around.

"Oh, you're awake. How are you feeling?" he wondered.

"Like I got hit by a car, but it's not as bad as before," I answered.

"Well, let me get the others and we can introduce ourselves," he said.

"Others?" I asked.

He went to the doorway and sort of yelled, "Hey guys, she's awake!"

He came back and a few seconds later, there were three more turtles with different colored masks, which were orange, blue and red, and then a human-sized rat. This day just got crazier.

"Holy crap," I said.

I heard the turtle with the red mask chuckle. I smiled at that.

"Miss, are you doing well?" the rat asked.

"Yes sir. I still feel some pain, but it's not bad. But might I ask who are you?" I wondered.

"My name is Splinter. And these are my sons," he introduced.

"I'm Donatello, but everyone calls me Donnie," the one with the purple mask said.

"I'm Michelangelo, but I go by Mikey, Mike, or the Mikester," the one with the orange mask replied.

The one in red smacked the back of his head. He whined a little and rubbed his head.

"I'm Leonardo, but it's Leo for short," the one with the blue mask stated.

"And I'm Raphael, but I go by Raph," the one with the red mask smirked.

"Now, could you tell us who you are and how you came to us?" Splinter asked.

"Oh yes. My name is Jamie and I was running away from Shredder and the Foot Clan. They were using me for something that I didn't know about at the time. I knew enough was enough and I escaped. But as you can see, I didn't come out completely unharmed. I kept going until I found a sewer line. I got in and continued until I found a skateboard. I rode on it and I wiped out. I got up by this little pipe that opened a wall. I was confused at first, but I quickly got inside and I collapsed," I explained.

They all looked shocked after I finished.

"The Shredder is alive?" Leo asked.

"The Foot Clan is still working for him?" Donnie replied.

"You found my skateboard?" Mikey asked, smiling.

Raph smacked him again.

"What did he want with you?" Splinter then asked.

"Well, I'm a mutant. He wanted to drain my powers so he can use it to defeat someone in particular. My powers are flight, ice powers, and shapeshifting," I explained.

I showed them my wings that were huge and white, my ice powers, and I shape shifted into Splinter then back again.

"Well, I think that you need a place to stay until we figure something out," Donnie said.

"She can live with April and Casey if we ask them," Mikey suggested.

"I don't know. I feel like the more people I meet, the more of a chance I have of putting them in danger," I told them.

"Trust me. We've had a few rounds with the Shredder. We can handle him," Leo responded.

"Raphael, will you take Miss Jamie to April and Casey?" Splinter asked.

"Yes, Master," Raph said.

He helped me up because it was still hard to walk a little. We continued until we got to the ladder. I made my wings come out, I grabbed Raph, and we flew out of the sewer and into the New York sky. Raph looked pretty nervous.

"What? You've never been this high before?" I joked.

"Actually no," he responded.

I giggled at that. He started pointing me in the direction to April and Casey's apartment. We landed on the fire escape where I saw a tall skinny guy with black, scruffy hair and a woman a little shorter than him with short, red hair. I was a little nervous, but when Raph went inside and offered his hand, I knew it was going to be okay and I accepted it. Well, here goes nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Jamie has met the turtles and Splinter! Now she meets April and Casey! What will happen after they all discover more about her past?