Ch 8: Uncovering the Past

Jamie's POV

I froze in place. I felt hot tears coming. Raph noticed.

"Babe, what did I say?" he wondered.

"Nothing. It's just that...my parents have been dead since before I escaped Shredder," I answered.

I saw Raph tense up until I held his hand.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" he asked as soon as he calmed down.

"Will you promise not to leave to take on Shredder?" I replied.

"Yeah," he answered.

We sat down and I told him my story.

"I was an only child, living with my family in Alabama. My parents were amazing, but I never told them about my mutant powers. After a few years, we moved to New York because my parents got new jobs. At first I wasn't too thrilled because Alabama was where all my family lived. But we did and a year after that, I met Dustin and we dated six months later. One night, my family and I were attacked by the Foot Clan. I was knocked out and when I woke up, Shredder came in with my parents' bodies and blamed me for it because I hid my secret about me being a mutant from them. I got angry, so late that night, I escaped but the Shredder chased me and beat me up whenever he caught me. That's when I met you guys. At the time, I thought that Dustin was the only person left in the world to look out for me. But then him cheating on me made me realize there are others who actually care about me. I haven't told you this, but you are the best thing that has ever happened to me ever since my parents death," I explained, then put my head on Raph's shoulder and rested my hand on his.

"Well, you should know the same. Because you're the best thing in my life too," he said.

We then kissed for what seemed like an eternity.

"Aww!" we heard.

We stopped and looked to see Mikey with a video camera.

"MIKEY!" Raph yelled and started chasing him around the lair.

I laughed as I watched it. I finally have another family who truly care for me. But there is one more question that I ask myself: am I in love with Raph?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Jamie opened up to Raphael about her past. Is it because of that trust that she might be in love? Only one way to find out! Lol!