Chapter 19

Joe's POV:

Squid and Sqaishey came back to the apartment a few minutes later.

"Hey, guys!" Sqaishey said to us. She hung her jacket beside the door and sat on a barstool behind where Amy and I were on the couch playing Minecraft.

"Hey, Sqaishey!" I said to her, still staring at the screen of Minecraft.

"Gee, thanks don't welcome your buddy back." Squid said sarcastically to me and pouted.

"Hello, Squid Nugget." I was still laughing as I said this, taking my eyes off the screen to look at him.

"That's better!" He scoffed as we laughed.

Sqaishey came and sat next to me on the couch. Squid and Amy had to record a series, so they went in their separate rooms, so it was just me and Sqaishey.

I was still very curious as to why Squid pulled her aside, but Sqaishey didn't seem upset or anything so I decided to not worry about it too much. I was always going to be here if she needed to talk to me. 

"You know what I just realized, stampy?" She looked a bit subdued while absentmindedly playing with one of my curls.

"What?" I questioned, putting my arm around her as she leaned her head on my shoulder.

"I only have around one more week until I have to leave." She looked sad. 

"Don't you worry ducky, we have to make sure this is going to be the best week of your life!" I said with enthusiasm, mine and Amy's conversation coming back into mind.

It seemed to excite her and it got her mind off of it.

"So... I get to decide what we do tomorrow, then?" She asked me, smirking with a playful glare dancing in her eyes.

"You sure do! As long as it's legal." I said. She playfully smacked me on the shoulder, smiling.

"Can we go to the beach then? And we can invite Squid and Amy if they want to come!" She asked me, looking hopeful.

"That's a great idea! It is going to be hot tomorrow anyways."

"YAYY!!!" She exclaimed as she put her hands in the air, "I am going to tell Amy once they get done recording."

She ran off to the kitchen and grabbed some cookies.

She came back into the room, holding a box of cookies in her hands. She plopped back down on the couch next to me, opening the box of cookies and taking two out.

"What?" She asked me innocently as I looked at her.

"Nothing, nothing." I dismissed her question as I chuckled.

She shrugged after a while.

"Sure, Stampy. It's totally nothing." She smiled sarcastically.

"You're absolutely correct."

She rolled her eyes in amusement and grabbed the remote.

As she had her back turned, I grabbed the box of cookies.

"HEY! Those are mine!"

She was giggling, trying to reach the cookies that I had held away from her. I was a lot taller than her, even while sitting. I held them up just so she couldn't reach them. She whined.

"No fair!"

I laughed as she crossed her arms and refused to talk to me. Me still having the box of cookies, I stood up off the couch. She looked up at me with a sudden peak of interest.