Chapter 46: Papi

The wind blew through Krystal's hair as she and Victoria sped down an empty stretch of highway on Jeju Island. The older girl was in the driver's seat of the rented car that was taking them away from their responsibilities and toward unrestricted freedom. Krystal stuck her head out the passenger side window and felt the rush of cool fall air on her face.

"Woooo!" Victoria cheered as she watched Krystal enjoying their unsupervised road trip. Rarely did f(x) get a chance to experience this kind of fun on their own, and both leader and maknae were going to take advantage of the opportunity that they had created for themselves. Just minutes ago, Krystal and Victoria had been waiting idly in their car while Amber and Luna were shooting their scenes for the "4 Walls" music video. There wasn't much to do in the middle of the forest on Jeju Island, so Krystal posed a seemingly innocent question while their managers were busy doing other things

"Should we run away?" Krystal asked jokingly as she and her bored leader-unnie sat in the car. To her surprise, Victoria nodded excitedly with positive affirmation. Seconds later, Victoria started the engine and the two girls pulled onto the road amid uncontrollable giggles.

There weren't many destinations nearby for the two girls to explore, but Victoria had remembered passing a mango juice shop on their way to the filming site. They both agreed that their selfish excursion would likely inconvenience everyone, so they decided to bring back juice for everyone on set as an apology.

"Are you sure you know the way?" Krystal wondered as she pulled her head back into the car.

Victoria nodded and waved a dismissive hand at the younger girl. "You just sit back and relax. Driver-ssi will get you to your destination safe and sound."

Krystal smiled and sat back in her seat. "Why don't we ever get to do anything fun like this? Life is boring when you're not around, unnie."

"That's definitely a high compliment. I'll make sure to tell Amber and Luna that you think they're boring," Victoria said with a teasing smile.

As Krystal insisted that her words were being twisted around, her cell phone buzzed with a call. She checked the name and then gave Victoria a troubled look. It was Lee Wongyun, their manager.

"Ahh...busted," Victoria said with a pout after hearing the name.

"Busted," Krystal agreed. She loved her manager oppas like they were her own family, but they were strict when it came to doing their jobs. The girls' safety always, always took priority over fun. In many ways, having their manager oppas looking after them was like having a caring but nagging father following them around.

Krystal answered the call and endured several minutes of angry reprimanding before Wongyun agreed to allow them to continue toward the juice shop. The girls ordered a large quantity of juice for the filming staff, and then waited with their juice until Wongyun and Lee Hojoon, their other manager, arrived at the shop in a second rented car. The stern lecturing continued in person. Krystal was slightly annoyed by the treatment that she and Victoria were receiving, but at the same time she understood her managers' feelings. Her managers sincerely loved and cared for them, and she loved them too.

Their managers agreed to let Victoria drive Krystal back in the original car that they had stolen. The two groups divided up the juice between them and drove back. It was a bumpy ride despite the much slower speed that Victoria drove at under the managers' watchful eyes. Mango juice sloshed out of the many cups they had ordered, spilling all over the inside of the car and over their legs, but it had been an extremely fun excursion for the two girls.

"Where have you been?" Luna whined upon seeing her members return from their adventure. She had been left to stand around for the last half hour after finishing her filming. Amber stood near Luna, more amused than annoyed by the situation. "There's no where to wait without the cars!"