Chapter 65: Hard But Easy

In light of the stress that Amber and Krystal endured during the week before the Japan concert tour, the two girlfriends made a simple promise to enjoy their week of Dimension 4 performances. Amber and Krystal took off from Gimpo airport with Luna, leaving behind South Korea and temporarily leaving behind the Kaistal troubles as well.

The trio met up with Victoria in Tokyo and the warm reunion made all the difference in the world to both Krystal and Amber. The presence of their Vic-omma, like always, brought about a sense of calm and security that helped to stabilize their fears about the future. Even though Amber and Krystal had promised the PR office that they wouldn't tell others about Kaistal, they couldn't hide the truth from their fellow members, nor did they want to. Luna and Victoria would both be affected by the news, and Krystal and Amber wanted them to be aware of what was going on.

It didn't surprise Krystal that both Luna and Victoria were extremely worried for her. Just like Amber, the others were concerned about the hate she would receive as a female idol in a public relationship, especially with a popular male idol. EXO-Ls were notorious for being protective of the EXO members, and they were not likely to accept Krystal as Kai's "girlfriend".

"Amber and I don't have any other choice," Krystal told Victoria and Luna apologetically after explaining the situation. "I'm sorry for the trouble it'll cause when the news gets released."

Luna warmly wrapped her arms around Krystal and gave her a reassuring hug. Victoria went over to Amber and hugged her as well, comforting the two girls who were visibly distressed about SM's plans to appease Dispatch.

"Soojungie, it's not your fault or Amber-unnie's fault. We're not upset with you guys," Luna said consolingly. She turned to Victoria for her agreement. "Right?"

"Right," Victoria agreed sincerely. "You two might not have a choice about what to do in this situation, but we all have a choice about how to react to the news. And I choose to react to this with my support. I'll always be on your side."

"Me too," Luna nodded. "No matter what happens, no matter what people do or say because of this news, you guys have all my support."

Amber smiled, hugging Victoria tightly. "Thanks jiejie, thanks Luna."

"Thank you," Krystal mumbled, kissing Luna on the cheek and then going over to hug Victoria. The support of her members, who were so much like sisters to her, always made difficult things seem easy.

"What about you, Soojung-ah? How are you choosing to react to the situation?" Victoria wondered with a smile.

Krystal paused and thought about her answer carefully. "Thanks to all of you, I'm planning to react with determination. I won't let this news beat me or f(x)."

Her members smiled and agreed with her; they wouldn't allow this news to beat f(x) either. Together, as four, nothing would stand in the way of their goal to make f(x) shine.

Hearts in sync, f(x) began the tour in Tokyo and performed for a sold-out crowd at Ariake Coliseum with 10,000 MeU cheering them on for both day 1 and day 2. The atmosphere was as warm as their concerts in South Korea, but the feeling was amplified by the much larger audience. The Seoul Olympic Hall had only seated 3500, a fraction of the current audience. Never before had Krystal seen this many MeU gathered in one place waving periwinkle light sticks to cheer them on. The sight of the swelling crowds was incredibly moving, and she was honored to receive the audience's love.

Krystal always felt more free to be herself when she was around family, and certainly in this moment she was surrounded by 10,000 family members. She laughed and smiled from the bottom of her heart. She joked and played around with her members on stage, all to the cheers of their precious MeU.