Chapter 5. The dark night

As the weeks went by, the weather started changing into a cool autumn. The green color of the leaves changed to: orange, red, gold, and brown color. It gave a sweet smell to the autumn air.
The God glanced out the diamond shaped window with a smile on her face. It was sure beautiful out, only if Kcalb would go out. She enjoyed walking with him to the side garden. Kcalb sat across from her in the throne room.
"I wonder how our son is doing." Etihw said. She looked at Kcalb wondering what he was thinking about. He looked up at her, but avoided her eye contact.
"............" He didn't say a word, he continued to look out the window.
"Do you think there will be a full moon tonight?" She asked looking at the devil. He shrugged.
"M-Maybe you should join me on this walk tonight. Fool." His cheeks went red as he asked the God to go on the walk.
"What are you on about Kcalb? A big proposal?" She laughed, she looked up to see that Kcalb was serious.
".........." He wasn't sure what to say or think. He was going to talk her into bringing their son back to BlancBlack castle.
"It must be something serious, is there an outsider trying to get into our world again?" She asked. The devil just shook his head.
"You fool, I was simply not trying to talk about that.... I was clearly trying to see if we can bring Soul home." Kcalb snapped. It bothered him to a point he had to get it off his chest.
"Have you ever thought about how to explain to him one day, why we sent him away?" Etihw said, she stood up and walked over to Kcalb. She hugged him tightly.
The Devil froze for a moment, he hugged her back without hesitation. He closed his eyes visualizing their family back together. Just the one they will be missing is. Silhouette. The beloved prewar daughter.
"You know, you look cute when you blush right? Especially how I fluster you." The dark haired God said with a melodic laugh. She hasn't seen him smile in a long, long time.
"We're not sworn enemies anymore, I want to see you smile." The God said with a gentle smile.