Scream

SORRY ITS A SHORT UPDATE IM SORRY FINALS AND ALL THAT JAZZ BUT HERE IT IS

I walked up to my room after dinner feeling overly full. The day had been completely taxing, and after not taking a nap earlier I was completely worn out. On the way to my room I caught sight of Gabriel standing next to a window with his hands on his hips as he looked out.

I wondered idly if this man was the one who I'd been impregnated by. I smiled slightly to myself as I imagined a baby with my hair and his eyes. The thoughts turned grey when I remembered I couldn't exactly ask him if he was the father.

"Gabriel?"

He turned around in surprise, "Sang?" he cleared his throat and stood up a little straighter, "Did you need something?"

I shook my head, "No. You just looked sort of sad," I wasn't sure where I was going with this, but I decided I might as well fish for some answers, an explanation, "... you know. When I was singing that song earlier. Did you lose someone you loved before? Or was my singing really that terrible?" I teased slightly.

His eyes lit up a shade, "No, you were great. The song was. Well it hit close to home to something I've been through," He said slowly. I could tell he was trying to word it so that he wouldn't reveal anything.

It made me wonder the kind of power a shake of the head from Kota had over him.

We talked for a few more minutes but I had to excuse myself because the lying felt sour on my tongue. In my room I kicked off my shoes and dug through my bag for a pair of shorts and one of my shirts. I changed my socks from practical mismatched no shows, to fuzzy matching ones that went up to mid calf.

Once in between the blankets I was out like a light.

I was walking down a hallway, it was long and looked slightly familiar. A little girl stood on her tippy toes looking out of the hole in the wood that covered her window. I took a few steps closer but she didn't seem to notice, not even when I tried to speak out.

I bent down to the little girl's height and looked out of the hole with her. She suddenly froze up and I backed away, trying to apologize for startling her but nothing came out. She turned around with wide eyes and ran out of the room. Her footsteps were silent.

The whole thing was surreal. I wanted to follow the girl, but instead I bent down and looked out of the little hole in the wood. The world spun and when I stood back up I was in a different house. The window wasn't boarded up and it overlooked a street. I turned around and the room had changed, well, it wasn't the same room at all I suppose. There was a desk pushed against the wall, along with a bookshelf, and a bed. The room was arranged for maximum space.

It looked like a boy's room if I'd ever seen one. I walked out the door and found myself presented with a set of stairs. After descending them there was another door, only this one was shut. I opened it slowly. What I saw seemed somehow wrong, but I couldn't identify why. The house seemed grander than the room from upstairs, more elegant... older. There was a desk in the room, and a clock sat in the very center of the desk.

It was.. It was running backwards.

I picked it up, and in the reflection of the glass face I saw a woman behind me. She looked mad, a scowl on her face with eyes to rival every creepy clown I'd ever seen. I turned around, hugging the clock but she was gone. In her place was the little girl again. She was kneeling on something that looked like rice. I could tell she was in pain but she jutted out her chin in defiance.

I took a step towards her, but fell through a hole in the ground and landed in a field surrounded by blurred happy faces. The girl was there again, but she didn't look scared, she looked happy. She looked right at me.

And for the first time I heard a noise, it was fuzzy at first but her voice cleared up and sounded just like my own.

"Remember, or everyone is in danger," She said, and repeated herself until she was screaming at me.

I sat up straight in bed with a scream that ripped through my throat with a vengeance.