Chapter Six

A few Months have gone by......
            I woke up very late this morning! Today I had a final exam at NYU, we are performing in front of casting directors. I'm not freaking out, I'm really okay! No I'm not, I can't do this. I'm going to choke. There goes my Braodway career. I got out of bed and checked my phone I had 3 messgaes:
              Aaron <3: Goodmorning sweetheart! Good luck today, I believe in you. Meet me                                                after your exam in Central Park by the fountain.

              Taylor: Hey hey hey! Today's the day. You're going to kill it!

               Mumzie (Mom): Hi Honey, break a leg this morning. No matter what happens, I love you.

Yep! not nervous at all.

                 I rushed and jumped into the shower, I practiced my song once or twice and then got out. I'm singing 'Whispering' From Spring Awakening. I put this on: . I ran out the door with some throat tea and a huge bag of sour patch kids. I ran down the block and made it to the theatre just in time for exams to start. My Professor took the stage and said "Goodmorning Ladies and Gentlemen and students. Thank you for being here this early. I'm pleased to show all our casting directors today our amount of talent. Now, each of you should have a headshot and resume of every student in order in front of you. The students will come out one by one and perform their song. Students, if the casting directors enjoyed your performance they will be in contact within hours after the exam. Will the students please wait in the green room and wait for your number to be called." I took a deep breath and stood up with the rest of my class, we walked onto the stage and through the wings to get to the green room. I was number 8. There were only 12 of us.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                  It was finally my turn, I don't know if I'm excited or nervous. I walked onto the stage with a smile on my face. I took the mark center stage, "Good morning, My name is Sydney and I will be sing Whispering from Spring Awakening for you today." I started my song, I felt like I was a little shaky in the beginning but that was from the nerves. I started to get really into it. I think it was going really well.

                When I finished the song, I took a beat before saying, "Thank you and I appreciate your time." I smiled one last time before walking off the stage and back to the green room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                 The exam ended about 30 minutes later. We were dismissed, our Professor didn't talk to us he just said that we could go. I walked out of the theatre and said goodbye to my classmates. I walked down to the nearest subway station and got on the B train to Central Park. I texted Aaron: 'I'm on my way.' 14 minutes later I reached the outside of Central Park. I walked to the fountain and found Aaron sitting on the ground with a picnic laid out. Luckily for me he was facing the other direction, I ran up and tackled him making him fall over. We laid there and laughed. He helped me sit back up. "How was your exam?!" He said with enthusiasm. "I think it went really well! If they liked me they'll be in contact in the next couple of hours." "They have to like you! What's not to like?" He opened the picnic basket and pulled out 2 sandwiches and some champagne. "Oh peanut butter and jelly with champagne. How fancy." I said. He laughed, "I wanted to celebrate your exam success." "It might not be a success..." "Hey, hey." He moved closer to me and put his arm around me, "if it's not a success there will be plenty of opportunities. Your dream doesn't end here. You have your entire life." I smiled and lightly kissed him. He grabbed my face and turned my light kiss into a passionate one. Our lips moved in perfect sync for 5 minutes, but it felt like forever. We were interrupted by the sound of my phone ringing. I quickly pulled away and checked to see who it was. I didn't recognize the number. "Answer it!" Aaron said happily. "Hello?" I said. "Hi this is Sydney right?" the voice said. "Yes it is." "Hi Sydney, my name is Kaitlin Shaw and with Tara Ruebin Casting. I'm currently working on a project that I think that you be perfect for. I'm casting the national tour of Spring Awakening next week and I think that you have a shot in getting a role." "Really?!" "Yes. I will email you all the details as soon as possible. See you next week." "Thank you! Thank you so much!" She hung up the phone. "Well?" Aaron said hungry with anticipation. "I got an audition for the national tour of Spring Awakening!" "Oh my god Sydney, that's amazing! I am so proud of you!" He sat up and hugged me tightly. I smiled and buried my head into his shoulder.