chapter-2

I had arrived to my apartment tired, I sat on the bed and huffed. I still wondered who  was standing by the alley, today. I ignored the thought and dressed in my pajamas and went to sleep.

-----------

The next day was Friday, so I would have the weekend to myself and for studies. I had arrived to  the cafe actually early this time, and in a much better mood. I placed my coat and scarf on the coat hanger and put on my apron as usual.

"Not late today" I stated, smiling at Charlie's as he placed towels in the napkin dispenser. "better not be" he jokes

"Hey," It was John he also worked at the cafe and is one of the reason that I'm here, he smiles and gives me a hug,

"Hey where have you been?" I ask,he points to his broken leg in a cast,of course I hadn't noticed

"Aww you poor thing, shouldn't you have stayed home?"

"No, I'm fine,  I'm  fine" he says as costumer walks in ringing the bell of the cafe door, he grabs the note pad and a pen. I take it away from him.

"Oh no you don't, I got this" before he could say anything else, I walked off to the table where the costumer had sat in. I hadn't realized but it was the guy from last time ,but this time he was in a better mood, actually had a smile on his face.

"May I take your order?", He looks up and smile,a sort of tingling feeling to my stomach.

"The same as yesterday"

"Okay, it will come right away", I walked off and placed his order.

"Let me do this" John complains as I take the cake on the tray. I flick his hand away.

"Don't worry, I take this one you can handle the next customer" I smiles, I actually really wanted to serve Miles myself and I was not being selfish.

"Here you go" I place the tray on in front of him.

"Thank you, I'm sorry, about yesterday" he says this time looking at me.

"It's fine, everybody has those days, I guess"

"well yeah, sorry I didn't formally introduce myself yesterday,...I'm Miles kane." he says holding out his hand towards me , I felt a wave of shiver run through my body. Of course I know who he was, there was no need to tell me who he was. He was actually well known I'm surprised not to see shrieking high school girls going up to him asking for pictures.

"I'm, A..."

"Anna, yeah it says in the your name tag." he says smiling revealing two dimples, I couldn't help but blush.

"Oh" I smile sheepishly, I now felt stupid.

"Not from around here huh?" he questions, yes I wasn't from here or Great Britain at all. I in fact was from the U.S. I was a taking my college courses here.

"yeah, I mean no, I mean I'm not from here." I stumble, I scowl at myself quietly for being so nervous

"Why are you here, may I ask?"

"Right now, I'm finishing taking courses in college"

"Really, that's good"

"yeah" It had gotten quite, while he took a sip of his tea, "Well let me know if you need anything else." he nods and smiles. I felt like I was about to faint, but I smile back with so much will power to no to.

I nervously walk away, I place the towels on the counter and pretended to occupy myself as I took small glances at him.

"Who's that?" John asks,