chapter seven

I sigh deeply as I rest my head against my old blue couch. The soft comfy pillow caress my cheeks. John had given it to me as a sleeping bed when I first came to London. The only thing that comforted me. It smelled of old perfume and for some reason bananas, but I didn't mind. It had actually began growing on me, that for the first few months after I had finally gotten a bed, I still had the need to sleep on the couch.

Slouching my back uncomfortably against many pillows that surrounded me like a fort, my fleece blanket draped around my shoulders slowly slides down my side. My fingers cringe as I pull it closer trying to bring some warmth to my body. I had a broken heater and been sleeping without it for the last couple of days.

 As well as a daily cup of coffee to bring my warmth. A big bowl of nutella mixed with different candies and sweets rested in between my crossed legs as I lazily held the TV control in my hands. Slowly pressing the buttons against my fingertips with a huge huff to each click.

Sighing deeply I take a big mouthfulof nutella that melted perfectly against my tongue. Contently I sigh again of it great sweetness and chocolaty taste. I knew I was probably gaining a bunch of calories by eating it but I didn't care at the moment and probably still don't. But by filling up my stomach of so much good food actually satisfied me so much that I couldn't stop eating.

I wanted more.

A soap opera soon played as the last bit if the commercial ended.

"why Patrick!" the beautiful actress cried unrealistically, the tears streaming out of the corner of her eyes drenched her slick neck. Each drop planned.

Her lover stood by her side trying to calm her down.

 His expression so clear yet painful, "you don't understand" he shouted back,

 "I don't want to hear it" she turned around but is stopped by his large hand tightly grabbing her wrist.

 "don't go" he whispers "I need you"

I could feel my own tears threatening to spill.

Taking the wrinkled napkin from my side\ I cover over my runny nose; sneezing in perfect timing as they kissed.

I felt like a hopeless romantic right now. Watching soap operas while eating 'I don't know what' bowl of anything I could get of that was sweet from my cabinets. I was a lost case.

I push my knees up against my chest and sigh as another commercial plays, a gum commercial. And yet after my dramatic break down, the commerical finds a way to be romantic, ruining my good mood.

A young girl and boy run towards each other dramatically across a grassy field. Soft music plays in the background as they jump in excitement.

"kiss me" she says eagerly.