chapter-4

- - - - - - - - - -  - - -

An unfamiliar smell fills the living room of buttery eggs and bacon. My stomach instantly growled, I stretch and turn around uncomfortably in the chair still with my eyes closed. I didn't want to wake up. A sizzling sound echoed down the halls.

I inhale deeply, my eyes pop open wide, I don't remember anybody being here?

I get up form the chair and tip toe to the kicthen. I could hear whistling as I got close, I take a step foreword and see the back of a head

It was Miles still shirtless from yesterday, with a towel on his lean shoulder wearing my dirty waist apron while he flips eggs over in the pan, and his other hand takes the bread from the toaster. Of course how stupid of me, I had forgotten Miles ever being here in the first place.

"when did you become some kind of magical chef" I blurted out, I felt my cheeks burn up.

"oh, your up. sleepy head." he looks back, flashing a heart stopping smile.

"Um, yeah. Looks like your feeling better" I walk beside him,

"yeah, thanks to you I'm alive. That's why I think I treat you in some breakfast.", he brings up two plates filled with bacon, eggs and toast close this face.

It really smelled good, my mouth began to water "Thanks"

He places the plates on the table and being a gentlemen he pulls out a chair for me, I instantly sit down,

"Thank you, Can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah," he takes a seat.

"What where you doing outside at night, lying in the snow?"

He pauses for a moment and looks up at me, "I was going out for a walk; for a smoke" he says almost in a whisper, "and I somehow ended up in the snow"

"Just like that?" I state in disbelief,

he sighs and grins slightly, he takes a moment before he answers, he looked nervous; unsettled.

He places the fork to the side "I just needed a break" he finally says.

I nod, but it still didn't make sense to why he was outside in the snow. I shrug it off and inhale deeply.

I finally took a bit into the scrambled eggs and toast, "Mm" I said with my mouth full, I swallowed quickly, "this is really good." However plain the scrambled eggs may have sound it wasn't. It seemed more like an omelet than scrambled.

"Thanks"

Smokey suddenly jumps to his lap, "Whats his name?, really cute" he ran his fingers along smokey;s head. He purred quietly.

"Smokey Joe"

"what a interesting name"

"yeah he just reminded me of gray smoke for some reason",

"he does, actually makes me want to smoke" he chuckles, "you play the guitar?" he points to my acoustic guitar standing in the corner of the room.

"yeah"

"do you mind if I play it I play it?"

"no", smokeys now jumps in my lap

he gets up and grabs the guitar, he places his left hand on the neck and plays a few strings, but stops.

"play a song" I suggest.

"What song would you like me to play, any requests?" he arches an eyebrow

"ummm, what 'bout a beatles song"

"one of the beatles songs, so you're a fan huh"

"really, you can say I am, I do love their music"

"yes, actually my favorite band of all time, the best. What about....." It seemed almost surreal that Miles was going to actually sing a song, right now in my flat.

he tought for a moment "alright then, let's see if you know this one", he said before closing his eyes. He beautifully began to play, so melodic and amazing. "Words are flying out like endless rain into a paper cup, They slither while they pass, They slip away across the universe " he sings with so much emotion,  The nerve of his jawline moves as he sings lightly shaking his head and taps his foot. His voice soothing to my ears, I close my eyes and sway with the music.

He stops, I open my eyes and see him still staring at the floor. He still seemed mellow, why?

"across the universe" I state, breaking him from his thoughts

He smiles, "yeah, one of my favorite songs."

"why don't you play something?" he asks,

"no, no" I immediately respond. No way I can top what he just did. He sang like an angel, I in the other am not bad but I'm not as good either.

"alright then, next time" next time?

We had finished the breakfast and an awkward silence soon fell in the room, for a few seconds.

"I guess, I should put on a shirt" he finally says still stroking on somkeys fur.

My eyes land on his chest, I quickly look up and find him staring at me stare at him. Embarrassed, I sheepishly look down, "yeah, I washed your shirt, I'll go get it" I say nervously 

I walked up from the table to where the washer and dyer were at, I suddenly tripped over the edge of my rug that stuck out from the floor. Miles hand reached for my waist to prevent from falling. As my hand gripped tightly on his shoulder.

His face too close to mine, I could feel his breath on my face. "you okay?"

"yeah" We stood like that for a few seconds but it seemed like forever, his eyes locked with mine, I couldn't look away. Until he finally lets go of me.

My cheeks instantly flush, the good thing my messy hair covered my face.

I swiftly walk in front of him and grab his shirt from the dyer and fold it.

"here you go"

"I really want to thank you" he says sincerely, putting on his blazer still looking at me.

"your welcome, I guess I was just doing what anybody would do."

"It really brought me some peace and rest from my crazy world," he chuckles "we should hang out sometime, maybe next time I can hear you sing"

Ahh, noo, I felt something tingly in my stomach but ignored it, "Um, yeah"

"I really want to thank you Anna..."

"Anna Lauren"

"Anna Lauren" he repeats quietly, he gives me a tight side hug and takes his coat in arm. He smiled once more revealing his cute dimples and left.

I close the door in front of me. I slide down the door letting my head throb down. I sigh deeply. I still can't believe Miles Kane was just in my house, but one thing I couldn't get off my mind why was he out lying in the snow? I somehow felt, he had lied to me.

______________________________________________________________________

woof, that was a longg chapter, Well that is the video to the Beatles song-[across the universe], yup,

comments/vote....