Chapter ten

I look out the window.

It was raining.

The glittering sun brighten the drops that had glued to the library's window. I take a sip of my coffee and continue reading my anatomy book.

"Miles!"

My hands freeze, I look up and see a girl calling a guy from across the hall. "Why weren't you in class, miles?"

I look down. And sigh deeply. Whenever I heard the name it made my heart hurt and a pain would radiate in the pit of my stomach.

It's been two years since I last Miles at the airport. And let me tell it's been the hardest thing I ever had to face in my life.

I hadn't been able to return since I apparently never paid back a ticket I had received in traffic. I knew I paid back but somehow the officials told me I didn't and rebuked my visa. Refusing me to let me back in until two years and a month had past by.

It was two years and a month already. And Miles hadn't been able to contact me since. Only the unbearable news and award shows on the internet was my connection towards him. I try not to look up videos about him but I always end up reading about it and check how's he doing,

Yet inside of me was angry because he hadn't made the effort to even try to look for me. Maybe he was busy with his new album but still he could at least made the effort.

My heart sunk, I peer up from my book and see as the couple walk out. The girl holding on the arm of the guy called Miles.

Secretly hoping it was me holding on to Miles's arm.

"Anna" I look up.

Claire comes up from an aisle and sits next to me. "I've been looking for you." She says.

"I have been here all day" I reply.

"Oh, wanted to see if I can look over you notes?"

"Yeah here," as I pass her my journal I noticed an article on her iPad.

'Is Miles dating the famous model?' It read. A knot grew in my throat.

I lost it,

I grabbed my things, "I gotta go" I mutter

"Already?" Claire looked dumbfounded. "Your journal!" She shouts as I walk away.

I couldn't believe it, had Miles moved on already? Am I easy to forget.

I couldn't help the tears building up in my eyes.

Rage yet this sadness builded up in me. So much pain and loneliness for what. Nothing.

I push some students as I try to pass them along the pathway of the school.

My phone suddenly vibrates, I clear my throat and lean against the school building,

"Hello?"

"Anna?"

That voice!