Fourteen

"The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected." - Nicholas Sparks

Tesla

I woke up in the same spot I last remembered. I turned my head and the other side of the bed was empty.

I heard the door open.

" A-are you okay?" I heard Bryant ask.

I nodded my head or at least attempted to. Pain was shooting all through my body.

" Let me help you." Bryant helped sit up. She helped me get to the bathroom. She carefully took my clothes off and sat me on the toilet seat.

I looked up at her as she silently cried . I looked in the mirror and my left eye was damn near shut. My face was bruised so bad, I could hardly recognize myself. Both of my lips where busted and I had a gash on the side of my face. Dried blood was everywhere.

"Tesla you mean to tell me you left this fucking house when I told yo ass not to?" Eddie yelled.

I didn't say anything. What could I say that wouldn't result in me getting my ass beat.

" SPEAK!"

" I-I did but I didn't do anything. I just wanted to see you preform."

" I don't want you at my shows!"

He backhanded me.

I hit the wall and slowly slid down, while holding my cheek.

I looked up at him with a mean mug.

" Yo , who the fuck you looking at like that bitch?"

He kicked me in the head repeatedly. He beat my ass until I blacked out.

She placed me in the tub. " you're okay baby." she recited in a whisper over and over.  

I woke in a hospital bed. My big sister Tanner was never the one to show emotions or cry to anyone.

She was rubbing my hair silently reciting. " You gonna be alright baby. I promise."

I couldn't keep my eyes open. I couldn't focus. My head was pounding and my breathing was slowing.

" T." She said patting the side of my face.

" Tes! Stay up baby! Come on." She yelled to me. Her voice was going in and out.

But I couldn't stay up.

I took my last breath and everything in my body relaxed.

Bryant

" Get up here. Now!" Chance yelled at me.

" Chance don't be mad at her. It's all my fault. I pressured her into it. She told me no." Tesla pleaded to him before I stopped listening.

I know Chance better than he knows his self. That wasn't going to make a difference.

Tesla has grown to be my best friend. She was the closest thing I had to a family. Tesla was my sister. I'd rather get in trouble with her than let her go out by herself.