Epilouge

Nine years later .

" Riyah get in here!" I yelled out the door as the cold air of Connecticut smacked me in the face.

" But mommy! Me and genesis were just about to slay all the dragons.

" Baby, what did I tell you? Genesis and I." I stated in factly.

She rolled her eyes and pushed the curls from her face. To say she was a spitting image of Stephon would be an understatement. They were literally the same person. She never got a chance to meet him. I heard he died in a car accident two years ago. I left Texas because there was nothing left for us out there. I don't plan on going back, especially since her dad was deceased.

My life was easy now. I own four dance studios that were doing great. My daughter is healthy.  Reena and Raury are great. They just recently had a son. We still keep in touch. As for Bryant, I think they killed her. She disappeared without a trace. Tanner tried to come back around but I'm passed that point in my life. I don't need her. I don't need the energy. And as for Vincent, He's in a new relationship. I'm happy for him.

" Mommy, why are you crying?" She asked wiping the tears from my eyes.

" It's nothing baby. Are you hungry?"

She raised one eyebrow the same way Stephon did. " Mommy, are you thinking about daddy? He knows you're sorry and he's sorry too. He knows he deserved this." I just looked at her as another tear rolled down my face.

" Sorry? About what Riyah?"

" For leaving and daddy treated you really bad." I froze. I never told her anything about the situation before.

" Baby who told you that?"

"Daddy did." She giggled.

" H-how?"

" I saw him... outside. He told me not to tell you but mommy, I know it's daddy. I can feel it."

More tears began to pour down my face. She looked in my eyes for some type of response or reaction. Truth was, I didn't regret leaving, but I did feel horrible that he didn't get to watch her grow up. Riyah had grown into a beautiful girl. She had my dimples and Stephon's smooth chocolate skin and everything else. There was no denying.

"Ma please don't be mad. I know I'm not supposed to talk to strangers but he knows everything about you. He told about that weird scar you have above your shoulder , the birthmark on your back and the tattoo of uncle Kyle's face on your arm , so I know he knows you."

There was a knock at the door. She bolted to it and I was soon greeted with a face that I hadn't seen in nine and a half years.

" Stephon..." I said barely audible. I choked on my words.

" Tesla... it took me nine years-"

" Please... not in front of Riyah." I interrupted him. I already knew he was about to chew my ass out.

" Go upstairs, so me and yo moma can have a talk." She looked between us two and nodded, slowly going up the stairs but not before looking at me for confirmation.

I was shook and frozen in place but I gave her the okay to go upstairs.

He spoke first. " Nine years of looking for y'all. Nine years. I don't know why you left, but by the grace of God, I found both of y'all alive and safe. You disappeared with my daughter. I lost respect for you for that. I gave you everything!"

"No! Stephon, you took it from me! Everything you wanted, you took from me! You kidnapped me! You gave me a baby and I don't even remember how!" The tears I've been holding in for nine years just poured out of me.

" I just came to say that I'm sorry for everything that I did to you Tesla. I don't blame you for leaving. I'm a grown man now. I missed out on a lot. I don't blame you at all. I love you. I've been on love with you since the day I met you. I was just too young, dumb, naive and money hunger to even notice it."

The End.