The Quarterback's Gigolo [boyxboy] [22]

Jack P.O.V

I stared at Reed in disbelief; he knew my mum was in love with his stepdad and he never told me! A rage and fury filled my system, I glared at the boy in front of me with so much hate that I thought he was going to erupt in flames and be pulled down into the fiery pits of hades. At this time I wouldn’t care if that actually happened. I grabbed some clothes and quickly threw them on Reed did the same.

“Look Jack I can explain” he said.

I crossed my arms over my chest “Oh really let’s here this great explanation Reed, see what reason could possibly be good enough for you not telling me my family was falling apart. Especially when you knew that was the last this I wanted”

“Jack, I… I... I didn’t want to hurt you, and Dom only told me yesterday. I’m sorry okay”

“Oh sorry is that all you got? Just like you wouldn’t accept my apology, I don’t accept yours Reed”

“Jack-”

“No Reed, I can’t look at you right now. You kept a secret from me about my own family” I walked towards my bathroom, I couldn’t be in the same room as him, I wanted to punch something, and even though I couldn’t stand him right now I didn’t want to hurt him.

“Just like you kept me a secret from Gemma and everyone else. Jack I didn’t tell you to protect you” he said, I could hear the hurt in his voice.

“Yeah and maybe I was thinking of changing that, you’ll never know now will you? And I don’t need protecting I can take care of myself”

“Oh please Jack don’t kid yourself you were never going to tell anyone about me. Why are you acting like this is my fault?”

“Because it is your fault!” I fumed “If you had just stayed in your corner like a loner is supposed to you never would have met Gemma. She would have never bought you to my house, my mum wouldn’t have met Dom, and I would be straight like I’m supposed to!! Everything is your fault, Gemma and Ben, everything Reed! If you just stayed away like your suppose to my family wouldn’t be so ruined and fucked up!”

I slammed into the bathroom turning on the shower and the fan so Reed wouldn’t hear me crying. I slumped down onto the bathroom floor. I cried, I didn’t want my family to fall apart I was a family guy. Being around family made me happy and now we’re going to be separated. Who would I live with? I stared at my distraught face in the mirror. Was I being pathetic?

After about 15mins of staring at my own face, I suddenly realised what this means. I’m from a broken home, I will have to move house. My mum would get with Dom… she could marry him and Reed would end up my what? Adopted stepbrother? Could I handle seeing him everyday? And how would Gemma feel, her EX is now all of a sudden her brother. What does that that mean for Reed and me?

How was my dad coping with this? Maybe he wasn’t on a business trip maybe he’d moved out already. I pulled open my bathroom door and Reed was still sitting on my bed, I ignored him and raced down the hall to my parent’s room. I pulled open their closet. My dad’s side was completely empty all his stuff was gone.

I sat down on their bed shocked; I stared at the empty cupboard wondering how I never realised this before. All the times my mum was at Dom’s house, the night I came home and found them in the living room drinking, it never registered to me, when Dom was the first person my mum went to when her and my dad had an argument.

The times she stayed at a hotel with a friend she was really hooking up with Dom. Why did I never clock on that she was having an affair? I wondered if Gemma knew… how would she take the news. Why would my mum do this to us, how could she be so selfish? Why couldn’t she just love my dad properly?