The Quarterback's Gigolo [boyxboy] [28]

Jack P.O.V

Okay so it didn’t go exactly how I planned, you know letting Reed know I was here in San Francisco, for him. But when I saw them hugging like that I lost it, I pulled Zeke away from Reed, my fist flying forwards at the same time. I punched him and I felt him punch me back in my side, we tumbled to the ground. I got in another punch and he kneed me. I went to punch him again but security pulled me away from him.

They held my arms behind my back, and I felt ashamed. I looked up at Reed; he was looking at me with a shocked expression on his face.

“Jack?”

Hearing my name come out of his mouth I melted on the spot. I realised that I didn’t deserve Reed I should have let him be happy with Zeke. Reed never broke eye contact with me that was until Zeke collapsed on the floor. Reed raced over to him, dropping on his knees next to Zeke. He was shouting something at the security. But I couldn’t hear.

All I could think was that if anything happened to Zeke it was my fault, I had hit him punched him to hard. I’d caused him to collapse. Reed turned his head and his eyes locked with mine, I could see the same panic reflecting in his eyes. The medical services ran down the corridor. The woman did something to Zeke checking his pulse.

She was murmuring to her colleague. I helped lift him onto the stretcher. And they took him out the fire exit doors and pilled him in the back of an ambulance. Without hesitating or looking back at me, Reed got in the back of the ambulance with him. I glanced at Amy and she shook her head at me. I looked down ashamed, why was I always fucking up like this?

“Come on Jack, we’ll get a taxi over to the hospital” she whispered. She held my hand and dragged me away.

She hailed down the taxi and all I could do was hope and pray that I hadn’t killed him. That he was going to be all right, I needed to hear that he was going to be fine. I sat in silence in the back of the cab, Amy didn’t say anything to me, but she held my hand the whole journey. I paid the driver and we ran up the steps to the hospital.

It had taken us about 25mins in the taxi because there was so much traffic. She ran up to the receptionist, I hovered behind her. Being in a hospital scared me, all these sick people, people dying in here. It was a sad depressing environment.

“Excuse me can you tell me which room Zeke…” she threw me a look not knowing his last name.

“Davis. Zeke Davis” I said quietly.

“Room 129. Down the corridor, first hall on the left, then at the bottom door on the right”

“Thank you” Amy rushed out.

We sped walked following her instructions. When we reached the door I slowed down. But Amy wouldn’t let me chicken out she grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the door. She knocked and waited a few seconds before opening the door. Zeke was lying there eyes closed, a drip attached to his arm. Reed was sitting in the chair looking at us.

“Hi” I mumbled.

“Hi” Reed said back.

“How is he?”

“Fine, just a little dehydration. It wasn’t your fault”

I grinned in relief, and Amy cheered throwing her arms around my neck, I hugged her back. I hadn’t killed him, or put him in hospital. Just then Zeke came round groaning rather loudly. He opened his eyes and looked at all of us. When he saw me he glared, I happily glared back.

“What happened?” he asked his throat sounded parched.

“You passed out” Reed said moving to sit next to him on the bed, I gritted my teeth holding back the jealousy “Your dehydrated. Did you take any water with you when you went for a run and gym this morning?”