Chapter 8

Olivia's POV

We're already inside of Xena's car, I gave her the direction of my home place and both of us are soaking wet.

We've been driving for almost 7 mins after we left from the school and it's kinda awkward since we're both quiet and not starting a conversation.

Okay, maybe it's not kinda awkward. It's super awkward.

Cuz she and I are like rivals but I don't think any bad thoughts about her. Just a little only, even though she's bullying me whether she got a chance to see me, I still don't have any bad intention on her cuz I don't hate her at all.

I let out a tiny sigh and thought to myself "I guess I'll start the conversation first.."

"Hmm. How's the weather?" Oh my god, why did I asked that stupid question?

"It's good, I guess." She answered in a bored tone.

"I see." I mumbled shyly and let out a defend sigh cuz it's kinda stupid if I start the conversation.

I turned to face on my right side and I'm staring at the window and seeing that it's pouring harder than before.

I'm assuming it's going to have a rainstorm for any moment.

I tried to talk one more time to break this awkward silence and I nervously said. "Uhm, it's okay if I can put some music on?". And she turned to face me with that intimidated look.

I don't know why her face always like that whether she looked at me, I guess she's a bit irritated.

"Sure" she said seriously. "But on one condition, I'm the one will pick the song. So I don't care if you don't like the song, whether you like it or not. You got me?"

"Yeah, sure." I nodded softly.

She took out her phone and she plugged in to her phone that is connected to the speaker.

She begun to scrolled down her song list to pick. And finally she picked a song and the song started playing.

This is the song for the broken hearted!

I literally screamed on the inside cuz that song is my favorite of all time from Bon Jovi.

I smiled and begun singing in my mind instead and enjoying listening to the sing while staring out the window and gazing at the pouring rain.

"I didn't know that you listen to this type of music." Xena said with a slightly surprise look in her face.

"What?" I asked confusedly cuz I was cut out of thoughts when she started talking.

"Well, I mean you're singing while ago after I put the music on." She explained, while she have a small grin on her face.

"Oh, really? I didn't mean to sing that loud, I thought I'm singing quietly inside my head." I said honestly and feeling a bit shy.

She let out a small laugh and I'm confused why she's laughing out of nowhere, but it makes me think that I do something stupid.

"You're so weird, Morgan." she shook her head softly and I slightly dropped my head down and feeling embarrassed.

"But it's okay." I lifted my head turned to face at her while her facing the road. "Cuz it's pretty cool that you like to listen to this type of music."

I bit my bottom lip, feeling slightly blushed at her response and let out a tiny grin.

"Why? It's nothing to be surprise about it. It's just me, liking this kind of music." I said teasingly and smiling proudly.