11 | Shocking News... and Melon?!

Once I locked the door to the triplets' apartment, I tucked the key into my back pocket then walked off to the elevator. Luckily for me, I had the elevator all by myself until I reached the main floor of the building. I stepped into the lobby and smiled at the receptionist. The moment I stepped outside, I took a deep breath and exhaled.

I never felt so free in my life. Since that dreadful day I married Jace, my life took a quick detour to the path of hell instead of to the path of freedom. And boy oh boy, today feels like I can do anything I want without even caring what others might say.

Anyway, I decided today that I would go to an ice cream shop first before heading straight to the amusement park I saw on television once. I know it seems childish, but come on! I would rather have fun than drink my problems away with alcohol then suffer with a horrible hangover after. So with that thought, I crossed the street and towards the quaint-looking ice cream shop with the sign Creme D-Lite. I opened the glass door and heard the sound of chimes. I walked to the counter and almost drooled at the sight of so many different flavors of ice cream. Wait, is that avocado?

A girl behind the counter greeted me. "Hello, sir! Welcome to Creme D-Lite! What flavor do you like? For today, I recommend the banana-carrot ice cream! Also, we have the all-time favorite chocolate ice cream! But it's not normal chocolate, mind you! This one is mixed with Oreos and Kit-Kat powder! If you don't like chocolate though, I recommend..."

I tuned her out and just stared at her mouth moving at light speed. Seriously? What is wrong with her? Is she high or something?

"... and we also have yam-flavored ice cream. It comes with sprinkles!" She finished, with a wide grin on her face.

I must have looked like an idiot, just standing there and doing nothing except staring at her. She cleared her throat then glanced behind me. "Uh, sir. If you don't order soon, I'll have to call the next costumer."

I snapped back to reality then dumbly pointed to a random flavor.

"Ah, melon-flavored ice cream! Coming right up!" The girl exclaimed.

I blinked. Melon?!

"Excuse me..." Someone said to me from behind.

I turned around, only to see Ryan again. Without thinking, I jumped up to him and hugged him. Ryan laughed and patted my back.

"What a coincidence to see you here!" I said.

He chuckled. "Same goes to you. What are you doing here?"

"Getting ice cream. Duh."

Then, the girl called my attention and handed me my ice cream. I grimaced when I realized it's actually melon-flavored. I hate melon.

Ryan frowned. "I thought you don't like melon."

I sighed, contemplating whether to throw the ice cream or just eat it. Why was there even a melon flavored ice cream in the first place? It doesn't even taste good at all.

"How about you, sir? What would you like?" The girl asked Ryan.

Ryan tilted his head and thought for a bit. I rolled my eyes. Every time ice cream is involved, he gets all serious and doesn't just choose a random flavor. Unlike me.

"Hm, I think I'll go for vanilla. Make that two, please."

I looked at him in confusion. "Two ice creams?"

He shrugged. "One for you, and one for me."

I smiled at him in full gratitude. Aw, he's such a good friend. Makes me wonder sometimes why he even bared with my presence. I'm not a bestfriend material at all.