16 | We Meet Again

Overall, the whole party was just a bunch of pure boredom and French greetings, which to me was making me pissed off. Jace noticed my mood so he excused himself from the party, then we went home.

Today is Monday, which means I have to face another day of boring lectures from boring professors. I woke up early and cooked eggs and bacon– with caviar, of course– for Jace, who was still deep asleep. Once I finished my job, I swung my bag on my shoulders and went outside.

I didn't bother using Jace's car and just rode on the bus on the way to college. Once I got to my stop, I stepped off the bus and walked myself to the wrought-iron front gates of the school. Cars and students buzzed around the campus, but I ignored them and just went straight to the usual place where the triplets always hang around before classes start. I still got a half hour before my first class begins.

"Kei!" Summer yelled once she saw my presence coming towards them.

Their usual hangout place was located just beside the administration building, under the shade of the trees lined up in some places. I smiled and sat down on the wooden bench beside Summer. Autumn and Winter sat across from us, who were busy scribbling down notes on their binders.

"What's with them?" I asked Summer.

Summer flipped her hair. "They didn't take down notes on their Philosophy class last week. Luckily for them, I had notes and let them copy it for a while."

I nodded and turned my full attention to Autumn and Winter. Their faces never cease to amaze me. They have the same hair color which is brown. Even their body build almost looked alike.

"Winter, stop hogging the notes! Scoot closer, will you?" Autumn said rather annoyingly to his brother.

Winter said nothing and scooted closer to Autumn, giving his brother a clear view of Summer's notes. Watching them like this reminds me of how some people thought of them as incestuous siblings. They act like more than brothers, but really... they're not. Autumn and Winter grew up relying closely on each other, based on what Summer said to me a long time ago.

"Sometimes, I get jealous of them." Summer suddenly said, watching her two brothers with a smile.

I glanced sideways at her. "Why?"

She shrugged. "They always stick together at whatever they do, while I stay in the shadows... just watching them. Sometimes, I feel like they forget about me."

"Now, that's where you're wrong. They love you just as much as they love each other, Summer. Trust me." I said reassuringly.

"I know. I'm lucky to have them as my brothers. Well, except for Autumn." She groaned obnoxiously, as if remembering something horrible.

I smirked. "Why? What did he do?"

Summer threw a heated glare at Autumn, who was totally oblivious of his sister. "He doesn't have a sense of hygiene. Like, he always just throws his stinky clothes on my hamper. My hamper, Kei! It's so disgusting. And you know what's worse?"

I shrugged.

"He never changes his toothbrush. Like, the one he's using now hasn't been replaced for months."

I grimaced at that. "Uh, good to know." I muttered sarcastically.

Summer looked at me, then gave me a goofy grin. I smiled back. She was about to say something when Autumn's sports swatch beeped loudly, signalling that their first class is about to start. The triplets stood up and waved me goodbye. I waved back at them while I sat there... alone.

I glanced at my watch and realized I still have a couple more minutes to go before my first class starts, so I decided to just read some of my Sociology notes.

"Bonjour, mon minou. We meet again."

I looked up in shock to see Jace's older brother, Ralph... something or whatever. I forgot his last name. All I remember was how hard it was to pronounce.

"Do you mind if I sit here with you?" He asked politely.

I forced a smile on my face. "No, I don't mind at all."

Ralph smiled, showing off his pearly white and perfect teeth. He sat down carelessly beside me, leaning comfortably on the tree behind us. "Ce que tu lis?"

I shook my head apologetically. "Sorry, I don't understand."

Ralph blinked in surprise. "Merde! I am sorry, mon minou. I'm not yet fluent in English."

"It's okay. Jace sometimes forgets to speak English, so no worries." Although, I slightly regretted ever bringing up Jace in this conversation.

"Ah, I see." Ralph said.

There was an awkward silence between us before I decided to stand up and start heading to my class. I was about to do just that when Ralph stopped me. I looked at him curiously.

"Yes?"

"Do you want to eat lunch with me later? My treat." He offered kindly.

"Uh, I don't know..." I replied hesitantly. I even wondered to myself why I'm hesitating. This is Jace's older brother we're talking about. He's not some sadistic idiotic person, unlike his brother.

"I promise you will enjoy it, mon minou. I will take you to any place you want." He reassured cheerfully.

So, without any doubtful thoughts, I nodded slowly. "Okay. Sure."

Ralph grinned widely, making me stare at his teeth again. Not to sound creepy or anything, but I like watching his teeth. They're so white and clean.

"Mon minou?"

I snapped back to my senses and gasped out loud when I realized my class is about to start. I abruptly stood up and excused myself to Ralph. "I'm almost late. I guess I'll see you... later?"

Ralph nodded and ruffled my hair before disapearing out of my sight. I let out a tired sigh as I hurriedly walked to my first class. It seems like even though Jace and Ralph don't look like brothers at all, they all share the same habit.

They ruffle my hair which I hate. And they always get what they want, despite my utter refusal.

Great. Double the trouble.