19 | Aprons and Kisses

"You left your brother and Ryan in the restaurant, you kidnapped me, and you brought me back home just so I could cook something for you. Now tell me, isn't that proof enough that says you're as mad as Candace from that cartoon Phineas and Ferb?" I ranted, pacing back and forth in front of Jace who was currently sitting on a stool like a very impatient German Shepherd.

He put his elbow on the island counter and leaned his head on it. "Mon beau, quit yapping and start cooking. I'm hungry."

I gritted my teeth in pure rage. That fucker... if it weren't for his good French looks I would have beaten that goddamn face until the brain in his skull will be no more. I closed my eyes for a bit to calm myself down before I opened them and saw Jace smirking at me.

"I'll put poison in your omelette caviar, you jerkface." I muttered, grabbing a pan and turning on the stove.

He chuckled. "We'll see about that."

I ignored him, but god did I want to just stab him with a butcher knife. As I cracked some eggs, I heard Jace standing up from his chair and walked towards me.

"Need a hand, mon beau?" He whispered through my ear, making me shiver. I shoved him away with my hip, to which he only laughed.

"Keep it in your pants, boogerhead." I scolded, chopping some onions.

He looked at me in amusement before going back by my side, folding his sleeves up to his elbow. Then, he grabbed the olive oil and poured some of it into the pan. I just watched him curiously.

He glanced at me with a smug smirk. "Everything tastes good in olive oil."

I crossed my arms across my chest. "Who cares? And wear an apron, dumbass. I don't want your cooties all over the food."

I swatted his hand away and pushed him into the rack where the aprons were. He was about to grab the white one when a brilliant idea popped in my mind. I grinned deviously as I snatched the pink frilly apron with black polka dots on it. And you know what's worse? It had Mama's cooking, bitch! printed on the front. I almost died laughing when I saw Jace's facial expression when I gave the apron to him.

"Non. Non, merci." He blurted out in the blink of an eye. [Translation: No. No, thank you.]

"Oh, come on! Just wear it! You'll look good in it!" I said, urging him to wear the girly apron.

He shook his head at me. "How do you know if I look good in it?"

"Imagination does a lot of things." I explained.

He raised an eyebrow. "I don't know what creeps me out more. You imagining me in an apron, or the apron itself."

I rolled my eyes impatiently. "Ugh, just wear the fucking apron, Jace. If you don't, there will be no omelette caviar for you."

He looked at me suspiciously before putting on the apron and tied it around his waist. I tried to resist laughing out loud, but his embarassed face did it for me. I laughed so hard that my stomach was hurting, there were even tears in my eyes. That's how bad I was laughing. I couldn't even breathe properly for a second.

"Oh my god, you should look at your face! It's priceless! Wait, let me get the camera!" I sprinted towards the living room where my phone was. I can hear Jace's footsteps and he was yelling at me.

I grabbed the phone from the coffee table just as he pulled me by the waist and tackled me to the couch nearby. I was still laughing hard that I didn't realize I dropped the phone and it fell on the carpeted floor. Jace had me still on the soft couch, his expression unreadable. I stopped laughing when I noticed the way his eyes moved from my eyes to... my lips.

"Jace?"

The next thing he did almost made me fall off the couch. His lips pressed roughly on mine, his tongue forcing itself into my mouth. I gasped in utter shock, but it made my mouth open wider for him, making it easier for his warm and wet tongue to probe deeper.

I tried to push him away, but his hold on me kept me in place. I tried to speak, but my words ended up muffled by his- dare I say it- sinful lips. By the way he was kissing me hard and rough, he was definitely a great kisser. He must have an award and medal for French kissing.

After a couple more minutes, my lungs felt like they were about to explode, so I tugged at the collar of his shirt, praying that he would get the message, and he did. He pulled away from my lips, but I can still smell and feel his minty breath. I hesitantly stared at his eyes, and goddamn... if I didn't know what unadulterated desire is, then I was probably living under a rock or something. His eyes held a hot promise that only he could act upon it and maybe only give it to me.

"Tu as de très beaux yeux." He whispered against my lips.

"W-what?"

He kissed me once, twice, before he looked into my eyes as if he was searching for my soul. "You have beautiful eyes, mon beau."

I blushed madly at his compliment. Was that even a compliment? Hell if I know. Jace Langlois could be saying the opposite. But deep inside me, I felt the warmest feeling pooling all over my body, making my heart beat faster.

We stayed like that for a while, him on top of me while I just layed underneath him, not saying anything. To be honest, I kinda liked this. Him not being an overbearing egotistical asshole was... nice.

After a while, my arms were getting numb. So, I gently nudged him away but he suddenly circled his arms around me in a tight embrace. I let out a silent gasp when I felt his hot breath on my exposed neck.

"Jace, the omelette..." I trailed off weakly.

He grumbled under his breath in disapproval, but his arms never let go. Instead, he hugged me tighter and snuggled his head under my chin. Watching him like this made me imagine him being a baby. An overgrown baby.

"Let's stay like this for a while." He mumbled.

I hesitantly put my hand on his head and played with his hair. His hair was so soft and very well taken care of. I expected gel or wax all over but instead, the musky yet fruity scent of his shampoo wafted through my nostrils.

"Jace, get up."

"Five more minutes."

"Jace, I'm hungry. And I know you are too. Let me go so I could cook for the both us."

Silence.

"Jace?"

Then, I heard the soft snores coming out of his mouth that was against my neck. Shit, he's asleep.

I didn't want to wake him up, so I decided to not move and just let him be. I played with his hair by running my fingers through the strands. I looked up at the ceiling and just waited for the time to go by.

Although, I had to admit... Jace and I laying on the couch together like this gave me the feeling that we're gonna act like a real married couple from now on. And fuck, I found myself looking forward to it.

Could our relationship work?

Then, I remembered something that made me chuckle quietly to myself.

Jace is still wearing the apron.