Seeing his face.

When Tim opened the door Kenny put his hand against the door "Sam.. Hear me out i've tried callin' you..no text's it's been three years Sam and honestly I can't go on without you.." Kenny's voice cracked  the look written all over Tim's face  he knew Tim could either  slam the door in his face or hear him out he had been without contact for two and half years. "Kenny.."Tim honestly didn't expect  his first love to show up at the Houstin Rodeo to track him down Kenny pushed the door wider  to get inside of the dressing room "Look.. we agreed to remain friends  we've said nothin' nothin' sam and let me just say you and i both know this divorce  was all a mistake and you and i both know and we've had three years  and haven't spoken a single word to each other, our history is too good to throw away baby.. I'm not over you.. yet, never will i be but i never want to have to refer you as a memory that you were someone i knew, no.  Sam i'm not having any of that i would go back and re write history because god knows when i married you  i wanted  everything i've ever wanted with you.. we are supposed to be together" Kenny wasn't sure if that was going to work on Tim he missed him so much more than he ever imagined. Tim stood there listening like he had always done a listening ear for Kenny, always, always he had been somebody to shut up and listen and Kenny was right but he wasn't sure where in the hell he could go now his ex husband went through the troubles of finding him and finally convincing him to come home. "Kenny, I know.. I know it hurt me as much as it hurt you  when we walked away.. we couldn't meet half way  being on the road and  you being gone when i got home  and then when you were home i was gone it just didn't work that way we spent too much time drifting apart no matter how  much we tried.." Tim replied he knew Kenny didn't believe that partually that was true  they weren't home when the other was they just got so busy caught up in everything."This is why Sam, Sammy you and i both agreed that if in time things are different  then we'd have another try and this is why i'm here Tim.." another try that's all Kenny wanted he was always going to want to reconnect and kindle with Tim  with too much history he couldn't just get a rebound and go on partying like Tim had never meant damn shit to him,  the man from Start, Lousianna  meant everything  that man once upon a time made Kenny feel like he had nothing too loose in his entire relationship with him twenty plus years of being each other's pride and joy supporting one another cheering the other spouse on. 

It was just simply so good to hear his voice and see his face after two and half long years after many nights of cussing at the moon and god himself why this had happened. his husband, ex husband had just gone so far from him and yet they could see the same moon and share the same fresh air every single day. Kenny just wanted to cup that man's face and passionately kiss him like old times nobody else looked better by Kenny's side  at award shows than Tim McGraw himself,  the Tennessee native man  watched Tim walk out of that dressing room to go sound check where he was going to hang around so they could have a chance to talk  he wanted to know how Tim was really doing what was he up too? who was he seeing? honestly Kenny felt sick just even thinking about the fact someone else was probabbly in his place. "can we talk? just you and i alone somewhere hell, lets go get a burger and a salad" Kenny suggested when Tim came back of course  the show wasn't untill later that night  and Tim agreed  following Kenny out  the way Tim walked honestly Kenny was still mezmerized by him  and his beautiful soul. "It's just honestly so good to see you.." was all Kenny could say while they walked out of the arena "It's good to see you too the sun's been doin' you some good like always..Still sittin' out in it?" he asked while Kenny ordered a Uber nodding listening to Tim ask about him still keeping up with Vitamin D levels, vitamin D he was pretty damn sure with all that sun tan he got more than enough and plenty of it."Yup! spend most of the days laying out in it or sittin' on the beach with Pancho before you ask Pancho is being taken care of  back at the bay with some friends of mine" Kenny replied giving Tim the explanation why he didn't bring Pancho along with him, Pancho once upon a time was like their damn baby before they divorced and Kenny headed to the islands where no questions would be asked, Once that uber got them and found a restruant where fans grabbed their atteion for photographs and autographs Kenny wasn't to phased he hadn't shaved in however long he forgot.

Digging into a cheese burger he watchedTim that man still seemed to keep in shape and watched what he was eating it still didn't suprise Kenny. "I see you've been busy a lot i texted Tracy when i got in to town today to see if anything well, i mean if you guys had spoken and everyone blew me off tellin' me  that you hadn't spoken to them in months." Kenny begun after he took a bite of his cheese burger he was glad to be back in the states where he was craving Lucille's key lime pie, Key Lime pie was his absloute favourite thing in the entire world to eat "Yeah writin' for the new record comin' out next summer i decided to go back out again and tour for the year" Tim replied picking up some salad on his fork  watching the pair of blue eyes across the table watching him eat also, Kenny was sincere and honest that the way he acted gave off that Kenny was really trying here to fix whatever the problem they had to lead up to their divorce. "That's awesome man,  I'm sure like Damn country music it'll be a best seller again great song choices on that one" Kenny grinned  at least he was  giving the honest opion on the record it did happen to be one of the best records Tim had ever made and cut no wonder why he was getting so much more success, Tim was well and truly happy about that happy enough that he was nominated for single of the year at the ACM awards in the middle of the year, he was up against Kenny and Gary Allan and a few other peers but secretly  he had hoped Hangover Tonight or Wild child won out of him up against his ex husband and friend. "Thanks, it was nice to wake up to the nomination actually between you and Gary it's exciting" he replied he knew Kenny wouldn't have known untill he turned on his phone and he guessed spams of messages  would have blown up his phone, Kenny was actually excited that he was nominated between Tim and Gary it was actually nice to see he had hoped one of them won that award.   "We need to talk about us when there's a more time Sam.. if this means facetiming every single day me staying in Nashville flying out whenever i can to wherever the hell you are I will we need to talk about everything lay it all out on the table" Kenny spoke softly after he finished his burger  munching on his side of fries he watched Tim take another bite nodding "I think so, but unfortnley i can't all right now i have the tour and the rodeo" He replied it seemed that Tim was making up a damn excuse for himself to avoid the whole thing like he wasn't over it either. "I'm not ever gonna get over it either Kenny..you and i both know our history was perfect to write a novel about, we had some great times  our ups and downs and trials and turblations.. sometimes things don't always work out" Tim replied and that was true nothing always worked out according to plan.