☆ Chapter 1 ☆

"Woah, what?"

"Yeah. I had the same reaction." I tell Lily, pacing my room. After our day out, I told Lily what I discovered this morning.

Lily starts to jump up and down, unable to contain her excitement.

"Calm down Lils. You d-"

She cuts me off, "Calm down?! Valerie, our favorite fiction characters are in New York as we speak! How can I not freak out?!"

She starts jumping up and down and squealing, her skirt swaying with her movements. My head begins to whirl a bit with all her hopping.

I grab her arm, frustrated and dizzy. "Lils, this is serious. We have no idea how they got here or why. What if this is all an illusion?"

She shakes her head, "But it isn't. And you know it."

I sigh, tugging a strand of hair, annoyed as she continues.

"Now, we should probably think about how they got here. I mean, it's crazy th-"

She was cut off by a sound outside my window. A clatter of brass, like someone trying to unlock the door or like someone threw a pebble on our metal window frames. I went to the window and saw nothing but the pale moon shining down on me. I was just about to close the window when I hear something similar to footsteps.

"Val, did you h-"

I cut her off, "Yeah. I'm gonna go check it out. Stay here."

I grab my emergency baseball bat near my closet before going back to the window. I swing a leg over the ledge and start to move the other one over when Lily notices my actions. "Valerie, I don't think you should go out there." Her voice wavers like it always did when she was worried for me. "Relax. I'll be fine," I mutter.

I put my other leg over the ledge and sit down on the windowsill. Carefully, I place the baseball bat between my knees and press before analyzing my path. I see the big branch on the tree next to my window. It stretches out just within my arm span and I immediately reach for it. Using all the upper body strength I can muster, I start to move myself away from my window and closer to the trunk of the tree, the scratchy texture of the wood making me wince.

Once I was close enough, I use my arms to gingerly lower myself down branch to branch, being dead quiet as I do so. My feet hit the snow-covered grass, sending shivers though my body.

I tiptoe across the lawn, examining every part of the yard like I had never seen it before. The once familiar stone figures and bushes were now inky shadows in the darkness. Every silhouette looked more and more like a crook, hunched over in a corner.

I looked around for a familiar shape. When I spotted the small tree on my lawn, I let out the breath I was holding and concealed my body in its scraggly branches. My hands clutch on to the baseball bat even tighter. I glance at Lily from the window, who gives me a thumbs up and I smile.

Being slightly distracted, my grip on my baseball bat loosens, and it hits me in the thigh. I squeak at the sudden shoot of pain but then I quickly clamp my mouth shut. My heartbeat quickens.

I hear their footsteps in the snow and the moon casts their shadow in front of me. I can't make out who it is but I don't care. A robber is a robber.

I step out from behind the tree and blindly swing, the bat sending a rush of cold air my way. I know I must have hit something because I hear the scream of pain. My body freezes at the sound of the howl and the bat slips out of my grasp, making a soft plop in the snow.

I turn to see a bigger person and I frown.

"Nice welcome wagon," a pained voice grunts and I recognize it in an instant.

I give him a shy smile, "Oops?"

I hesitantly turn to Lily, giving her a thumbs down.

She gives me a confused look and I sigh.

"Help me get these two up the tree please," I shout to her, grabbing my baseball bat, "I think I broke his leg."

I turn to our injured victim and help him to his feet but when his foot touches the ground, he cringes from the pain. 

I sigh, "You know you deserve that, right?"

"How did I deserve a hit to the leg?"

"You tried to sneak into my house at one in the morning?"

He's hesitant to answer and I smirk as I help him towards the tree.

"You're an idiot, Hamada."

"Yeah. I think we've established that," I hear his brother say in the distance and I giggle, the warm feeling returning to my cheeks.
_________________________

*dramatically gasps*

Did I finally post a chapter on this book?

You're darn right I did!

WHICH MEANS THAT THE FIRST BOOK IS FINISHED!

YAY.

🎉🎊❤💞👐

Now, this book follows the new, edited plot that I made so if you haven't read the new plot, I recommend that you skim through the first book again just to be safe. Some things in this book won't be in sync with the original plot I had.

So please read or skim through the first book to make sure you understand the basics of this new plot. (Basically, the new plot is the same but I added a few changes. (Some are major. Others are minor.) See if you can spot them! 😊)

ALSO, please welcome my co-author on board to this heck of a train ride....

NicaTheChica!!!

She writes so fabulously aND I FEEL SO HONOURED TO HAVE HER WORKING WITH ME WITH THIS SERIES AND ALL THAT JAZZ I JUST 😭❤

It's such an honour to work with her (even though we are related) because she's such a sweetheart and a fantastic writer that it puts anything I've ever written TO SHAME. So, thank you for wanting to join me in writing the adventures of the Martinez sisters. ❤

ALSO:

SOMEONE CONVINCE HER TO WRITE.

SOMEONE.

ANYONE.

BECAUSE HER WRITING SLAYS EVERYTHING AND SHE DOESN'T WRITE ANYTHING.

LIKE, WHY DONT YOU WRITE?

ITS FUN.

Sooo, before I leave to write the next chapter, what can you expect from this book?

Wellllllllll, you can expect A LOT of character development for the Martinez sisters, FEELS (prepare the tissues), comedy and loads of fun!

Also, fluff.

BECAUSE I WANNA MESS WITH YOU GUYS.

I'M LOOKING AT ALL OF YOU!

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU.

😂😂😂😂

Okay. I'm done. This is super long I should just end this.

OKAY.

Until next time!

Byeeee! 🍊

- DisnerdFangirl 😘💞