Chapter 25 Chungkit Wong

Photo is of the Lion Rock Mountain in Hong Kong

--------------

Fidgeting a little, I tried to bottle up my frustrations and shove them into the very back of my mind. Despite the fact that I was now 'part' of the Balikova family, they refused to tell me the exact location of where we were going. It wasn't like I would actually know where this godforsaken place is anyway, given that I knew absolutely nothing about the geography of the surrounding area. It would just be nice to be trusted, for once, with the location of the place we were heading to.

"Don't worry, we will get there soon enough." Viktor comforted me, sensing my unease. Neither Katerina nor Saralisa had come along; they couldn't risk sending any Originals to meet the Legres in case something was to happen, especially with how tense the situation was so far. It appeared that things were worse than they had let on, and that the Legres were more and more impatient at the lack of communication from our side, despite the whole thing being outside of anyone's control.

I had also gathered snippets of information that they let loose on Louisa Balikova, the last to be in possession of the communication gene. From the way they talked about her, it seemed as though they were of the same generation, which meant that she died when she was only in her twenties. There was definitely some back story to that, but I wasn't sure if I would be able to pry it out of them.

We were now boarded on a special aircraft, which only fit about eight people plus the crew and shaped like a sprawling Vulture. Grandpa Hugo, who I had come to like a lot, explained to me that this aircraft was created for the journey to and from the prearranged meeting place, so that all Legres, even the lower class ones, would not attack it. And it was specifically stated that it was not for other use.

"Why is it shaped like an eagle?" I asked, settling down comfortably on one of the beige leather recliners. Grandpa Hugo gave me an amused smile.

"I supposed you don't know that Victoria Balikova had a close companion. A Class B Aegius." Grandpa Hugo replied and my mouth slacked in shock. That I definitely didn't know. "She was also extremely close to the Lupa alpha in the Eurasia continent." He continued, and the conversations I had with the Lupas back in the Himalaya flashed back into my mind. They had said that I reminded them of someone, but never in a million years would I had thought that it was Victoria Balikova.

"Where are we headed?" I asked again, despite knowing that I wouldn't get a straight answer.

"Somewhere far, so get some rest." Grandpa Hugo said, patting me on the shoulder before disappearing into the cockpit, where I knew was off limits for me. Sighing, I leaned back against the chair and stole a glance at Viktor, who was sprawled across his own seat in a weird angle, fast asleep. Perhaps I should take his lead.

"We are nearly there." I was shaken awake and I conspicuously wiped my mouth, pretty sure that I had drooled a little in my sleep. Peeking out the window to my right, I saw a vivid sunrise and, to my shock, the sea.

"Where are we?" I whispered, but as soon as I saw the Citybase that spread across the mountains and fill with high rise buildings, I knew. "We are at Hong Kong Citybase?"