Chapter 41 Peace and Destruction

"Do it. Now. Charmain, take as many people away as you can and come back for us. We will go to the other room and save as many as we can." I calculated the odds quickly in my head and Chung nodded gravely.

The blue light suddenly turned up ten times in intensity, tinting the entire room electric blue. I quickly squeezed my eyes shut to stop the burning sensation forming in my head. Viktor shouted something to Chung, but I couldn't hear it over dealing with the blinding light.

When I regained my sight, I could see that the coffins, perhaps I should called them pods, opened one by one. Reaching forward, I carefully tugged the headgear off Mr. Andrewson and helped him up with my telekinesis. Realising that time was short, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Despite the fact that I lived in the POE world, I had been short at practicing my powers – which was quite ironic as the UGE had been terrified of us using it.

Relaxing my mind, I covered the entire area and simultaneously reached out for the headgear, pulling it off everyone. I could sense that there were twenty people here, with fifteen pods free. I could sense people started to stir and breathed a sigh of relief – at least phrase one of the operation was a success so far.

"They detected the error, we don't have much time." Chung turned around, his usually calm voice laced with concern. Luckily for us, a few people were already getting to their feet, including Mr. Andrewson.

"Mr. Andrewson!" I looked at our headmaster, who was shaking his head and climbing out of the glass coffin in a daze. He looked around, slightly lost before focusing on me.

"Abigail?" He asked, and I nodded, a smile spreading on my face. Mr. Andrewson recognizing me was a good sign; at least he retained his memories. "What happened? I thought I was..."

Trailing off, he took in the room and gasped, helping a young girl whom I didn't recognise climb out of the pod beside him. "How did you find me?" He asked, Tom and Diego helped everyone get out and herded them towards Charmain, who was clutching onto the power bars deep in concentration.

"It's a long story, I will explain everything to you later. We need to get you all out of here, it's not safe." I answered, pulling him towards Charmain along with five other small children. They all looked frightened, but I didn't have time to deal with that.

"Hold on to Charmain." I said, arranging them in a tight loop, before reaching for another batch. "How many people?" I asked Charmain.

"Ten at a time, that way I can recover faster." She answered and without further ado, disappeared.

"Did that girl just disappeared?" Megan asked; she was shuffling our way with the help of Diego. "Who are you people? Was that some kind of magic trick?"

Looking at Diego in alarm, he grimaced and shrugged. Megan giggled and we sat her down on the floor, making sure that she was holding the hands of two other girls. Chung finally finished with whatever he was doing and came over.