The Darkness inside

NIGHT RIDERS' POV.
Long, slender body. Long legs, graceful strides. Still rather scary, but not a flame on the others. A small current of air catches my wings. I feel free. I am myself again. I see a panther at first glance but then notice bat wings. I have no clue what I am, but I still feel terrifyingly comfortable. A black smoke radiates from me. I feel cold, but I don't shiver. Must be a power. The other riders had left for home, to take power naps, and to digest this new concept. My wings spread out. My tail lashed. It had dark rings around it, forming a pattern in my fur.
I ask The Shiner "So what's this called? I'd like to know... so I can find my own kind someday."
He nods and seems bewildered "The Night Terror. Unknown to most, they are the beast of the dark. Even more so than dragons, due to speed and agility on the ground. They may not be around to find, though. People like the ones at TADRE have stripped their powers..."
I reply with a growl "Then I'll get them back!"
He shook his head and choked "If you let a fire cat finish... I would have told you that the stripping of a Night Terrors powers kills them."
I almost fall over as my knees buckle. My vision blurs. My heart breaks. No, Shiner! That can't be right! I can't be the last... I can't be the last... no.
The Alpha comforts my tears with a message "I can take you to the home of the Night Terrors. You mustn't take Luna, because they may hide from you. She'll go into tattoo form on her own. See, there she is on your arm. She'll be ready to protect you when you need her, kind of like a guardian..."
I nod. My tears stopped. The Shiner hissed at the puddle I'd made. Somebody doesn't like water! He glares playfully at me. I nudge him, and he growls. My fur lights on fire. I roll on the ground. The Shiner grins like the Cheshire Cat. I pounce on him, tackling him to the ground. My teeth find his leg. He roars. He shoves me off and begins to lick the wounds. He glared at me, and I saw the puncture wounds. Two red marks were on his leg. I apologize to him. He glared. The Alpha presented us with our symbols. Mine was a black panther, and Rouges was a black horse. Rouge was a black and white wolf, the size of The Shiner, so the horse made no sense. I flew onto Rouges back, and he tried to get me off. I hung on remembering Lunas' training. He was panting, and everybody else was laughing. I was too. Then I flew to the ground. I barely made a sound. My wings folded in, and I grinned at the Shiner. I walk to the Alpha, who looks at my wings, and his lack of a dragon. His tattoo was nearly invisible under his fur.
I raised an eyebrow, and he said "I'll give you directions, now if you don't mind Dark Rider..."
I crouched down, my wings tucked in. The Alpha was very light, and I told him to hang on. He lay down, and I ran outside.
I hear Phoenix whisper to himself, "Good luck, Veera."
I ran off a cliff, spreading my wings. I feel a rush of joy as I shot through the air. I would have outpaced Luna if she were there. I felt the Alpha tap my mind...
He said, "Turn left."
I bank left quickly, causing the alpha to yip in surprise. I snicker, causing him to growl.
Then he says "Take another left after that clump of trees."
I flew up, and to the right.
I question myself, "Who's Veera? Why was Phoenix slightly reluctant to leave Dragos' school?"
Then I went back to gliding. A few more turns and we were at a large cave. The end was invisible, covered by darkness. The Alpha leaped off my back. He said he'd wait outside, in case they didn't like me. I padded inside the cave. I felt Luna shifting nervously. I calmed her down and kept moving. My brain seemed to stop. The cave ended, with a small hole in the roof. I began scaling the wall. I growled, clawing the walls. I saw a paw hold and sprang for it. I bounced up the walls, reaching another cave on top of this one. I run down, this time going down. Then another cave. I ran some more and climbed down again. This time a tunnel, more running, and a long way up. When I didn't see a cave, I flopped onto the grass.
I heard somebody say "Dark Rider?"
I stand up and turn around.
My heart leaps and I squeak "Hunter?"
The Night Terror hugged me with his wings, and I hugged back. He was crying, and I was ecstatic. An old grey Night Terror crawled over, investigating me.
It croaked "Julliet, your home again!"
I grinned at the Night Terror.
I replied, "I've regained my powers, and I decided to come to visit."
The Night Terror nodded. It gestured for me to follow. I came upon a bunch of Night Terrors that looked like a pride of lions. An obvious alpha position was empty, and the elder gestured to it. My head swirled and I asked, "Is that your spot?"
It laughed and shook its' head. It tapped my wing and tapped the spot. I flew onto the rock, and the Night Terrors turned around. My ears flicked back, and I growled lightly.
The one large male stood up, and sneered "Why does runt get the best spot? She's no more than a kit!"
I found a hidden box inside myself. I opened it. The memories of my pack flooded my memory. The one in front of me was a cruel hunter.
I snapped "I AM YOUR LEADER! YOU SHALL BE PUNISHED FOR THE QUESTION OF MY AUTHORITIES!"
He looked terrified as I pounced on him. My wings extended, allowing me to dive-bomb the idiot. He ran away, to a shady tree.
The elder came beside me and said "You have grown stronger Dark Rider. You have proven your worth."
I growled in agreement. I lay down on my spot, and the Night Terrors all fell asleep but one.
It approached silently, and asked one question "Are you truly Dark Rider?"
I grin, and morph into a human. Then I change back.
He grins and asked another question "Do you remember me?"
I nod and my mouth formed a sentence I was unaware of "Yes. You are Hunter, the elders' grandchild. He cares for you."
Hunter nodded. He purrs and lies back down. I feel the Alphas' breath down my back.
He says "We must return now. Pheonix has an urgent message for us."
I nod and promise the elder that I'd be back soon enough. He grins, and I think about being home. The Alpha looks confused as our surroundings go from the caves to our home.
I ask "What was that?"
He grins at me "Your powers are reactivated. You must have gained more while in human form."
I think about something besides locations. I think of a nice, warm bed, and nothing happens. Later that evening, I get aggravated by Rouge, when he ties a stick to my tail. I chase it in circles, causing a tornado to form around myself. Then I realized my powers. Speed. Derp. But what's the other one? It wouldn't be water, fire, lightning, or winds. What is it? I begin pacing. I feel a tug at me. I realize Luna, who warbles at me. I mumble back. We keep up a solid conversation for about an hour as I try and remember the other power. I eventually sit in a dark corner and fall asleep there with Luna by my side...