0.1

August 20th, 2009

Quintyn Drake could think of over a million unpleasant things she would rather be doing right now than sitting in a silent car with, Lucas Grey, for 11 hours and 46 minutes.

Unfortunately, if Quintyn wanted to ever leave Chicago with the help of her father in Mystic Falls, Virginia this was her only option. Quintyn never was one for hope or faith in much but she surely had one desire in the back of her mind. Quintyn hoped she may never have to see Lucas' preppy figure again, if she could just sustain the next few hours.

"Quintyn, are you even listening to a word I'm saying?" Lucas' higher voice piped up.

"Uh-huh." Quintyn muttered, clearly lying.

Lucas mumbled something to himself and Quintyn just shrugged looking at the buildings lining the suburban Chicago streets. As weird as it sounded Quintyn felt as if she was actually going to miss things like these; Over-priced cute cafès, having access to large chain stores only a few minutes away, and most of all the cheap bus fares that helped make her fear of driving easier. The Grey family lived on the suburbs directly outside Chicago in a small area called Sycamore, Chicago, Illinois.

      Sycamore was nothing special. It was a town made up of subdivisions like any other town within a big city. The only people who lived in Sycamore had money and were settled down. It was rare to see many teenagers freely roaming and parties weren't even attempted.

    Chicago is the place Quintyn was accustomed to. Her father and mother raised her there, and when they divorced Quintyn stayed with her mom by law in Illinois. Quintyn wasn't exactly happy about the courts decision. However, her fathers decision made her more unhappy than she had ever felt. 

All she knew is that when her parents divorced they had a sit down talk to explain her father was "going away for a while." Quintyn and her siblings were accustomed to hearing the phrase. Benn went on business trips, and worked a ton to support their family. When Benn "went away" this time things were very different. He never came back. Benn called, wrote letters, sent money, gifts, and even emailed to
stay in touch.

     Quintyn eventually caught on that her father was not coming back. When she asked her mother what happened, her mother, Christine Grey finally told the truth. Benn Drake had moved away and wouldn't see Quintyn at least until she was a teenager. Once she entered her Junior year, she was allowed to move in with her father if she desired to.

Benn Drake was born in Mystic Falls, Virginia; a small town known for its historical society. The place was nice. Its Mystic Falls nothing bad ever happened there after all. The Drake Family, was a founding family. The family began in Mystic Falls in the year of 1778 hailing from the further Northern Parts Of America. Quintyn had only seen pictures of course.

Benn Drake was a total history nut, therefore Mystic Falls was perfect for him. He was also a Sheriff. That's what he loved to do. This always seemed so weird to people, and sometimes it still does.

Benn is your typical outgoing, caring, and hardworking man. He always told people that, if danger meant protecting the innocent people he loved or knew, it was worth it. This was single handedly one of the smartest things anyone had ever said in Quintyn's opinion. Even though she didn't know it, that would stick with her for the rest of her life.

-

Welcome To Mystic Falls, a wooden sign greeted as Lucas' Prius sped past the town's Main Street. There were a few buildings lining the road. The only ones that really caught Quintyn's eye were The Mystic Grill, and The Town Hall.