0.2

Despite her tired body on the verge of collapsing, Quintyn agreed to join her dad at the restaurant she had previously passed with Lucas. The place was called The Mystic Grill. The small, nice looking building seemed very casual and she was even a bit excited to go. The small brunette didn't think of impressing anyone, especially if she was going to be with her dad, who wouldn't notice if she did anything different.

Quintyn changed into a nice, big sweater to match her plain denim shorts, and braided her long brunette hair to the side. She slid on a pair of white high top converse, that she pulled from one of her bags.

Quintyn did a quick glance of her room. The wooden walls aligned the whole room and ended wear the ceiling began which she didn't mind. Her dad had a queen size bed, with a simple black headboard, she recognized vaguely as her new bed. She had clean, new plain white linen which she liked. There was a desk that was painted white on the other side of the room which was useful, and made a nice contrast with her bed.

      The simplicity of the room made Quintyn happy and calm. It made her feel normal and like herself. For a split second she had felt something she hadn't felt in years. The feeling for not carrying about he clean or nice something was in order to determine if it would be comfortable.

Quintyn rushed down the carpeted stairs, only to meet her dad at the door. "Oh, hey! I was just about to call your name." Benn smiled widely.

Quintyn gave a small laugh in response and opened the front door for her father. He thanked her before unlocking the black jeep he'd owned since Quintyn was 8. To be honest, Quintyn feared entering the car because she worried it'd fall apart. Her father had pride instilled in that car and he surely wasn't going to ditch it unless it was blown into smithereens.

The car ride was pretty much silent, as both the Drake family members were very quiet. "You look nice." Benn complimented Quintyn. Even though his daughter sensed his anxiousness but did say anything other than "Thank you," with a smile. She didn't want to send her father into a panic attack.

As the Jeep made a sharp halt at the curb in front of the Mystic Grill, Quintyn made sure to observe everything in sight. It began with the colors of the building, then veered to the type of tree out front and the location of the lamppost guarding the place.

The shy brunette was extremely surprised when she entered the Grill. She'd expected a simple southern barbecue place. Instead she was greeted by a nice bar and wooden tables all across the restaurant. There were 2 large pool tables with teens and couples surrounding them preoccupied.

Benn led the way to their seats, which was placed in the back corner of the restaurant. The other side of their comfortable looking booth seemed to be occupied by a blonde woman in a sheriffs suit and much younger blonde in a denim jack and mini skirt.

The older woman stood up and gave Benn a nice embrace, while the other greeted with a perky hello. "Quintyn, this is Sheriff Liz Forbes, my co-worker. The nice young lady is Caroline, her daughter." Benn clarified in attempts to familiarize her. The observant girl studied Liz and Caroline thoroughly. Liz had very blonde hair that was cut short and a warm smile with a tired looking face. Liz was short and fairly thin and well balanced.

Caroline appeared to be a version of Hanna Marin, or some kind of teen idle. Caroline's exception was that it came natural. Her bottle blonde hair was curled, and unrealistically tame for the Virginia summer heat. Her teeth were perfectly straight and pearl white which she displayed with her warm smile. She was bit more on the talkative side and appeared to be a perfect size two. Quintyn felt slight insecurity consumer her suddenly.

Quintyn expected a firm handshake but instead received a warm and comforting hug from Caroline followed by a blunt observation. "You look tired." The other girl responded with an awkward laugh unsure of how to react while Liz sent Caroline an icy glare.