0.6

Quintyn Drake hoped not to attract much attention on the first day of her junior year. As if it wasn't enough being the new girl with anxiety issues, she was also the "big city cheerleader new girl" whose dad was head of the sheriff department. In the midst of all the chaos that surrounded her move to Mystic Falls, the nervous brunette had no time to ask her new acquaintances all the about trivial high school things, like what to wear on the first day of school. She stared down the reflection in the mirror making sure to stress about every small of detail of her appearance. The left eyelash was clumpier than the right, her skin was much paler than all of the other people she'd met, and even though her curls were meant to be loose they just looked messy. The pessimistic brunette could continue dissecting flaws, but chose not to when she got a glimpse of her alarm clock. She was already nearing the time she promised to meet Elena so she could hitch a ride.

           Quinn trudged to the Gilbert house, light beads of sweat dripping down her face, which varied drastically from the first day of school in Chicago. She immediately began to regret her fall themed outfit. She knocked softly on the door to her neighbors home. A frazzled and rushed Jenna Sommers nearly plowed her over at the door, as she scrambled to the car with her coffee and file folder. The adult gave a small smile and quickly mumbled a hello before making a beeline to her car. Unsurprisingly,Elena was in the kitchen looking glum, and Jeremy nowhere to be found. "You alright, E?" Quinn asked in concern.

              "Yeah, no worries." Elena attempted a lie, but was overall unconvincing. "Spill." The other brunette teenager responded picking at her chipped nail polish. "It's Jeremy... Again. He's just - I don't know. He's miserable! But he makes it so difficult to be empathetic. I can't wait until he's out of this- I don't even know how to explain - phase. I am just worried he is going keep spiraling." Quinn smiled sadly at Elena and placed a hand on her shoulder supportively.

          "Time heals all wounds. Jeremy is a teenage boy, thrown into a house with two other young successful adults and adolescents who are grieving the loss of beloved family. Just be there for him. Even if it's from a distance." Elena returned the honest teenagers smile and thanked her for the reassurance. As if on que Bonnie's car pulled into the driveway. Quinn turned to grab her bag, shuddering as the two adults missing flashed across Elena's flat screen.

-

              On their way to Mystic Falls High School, Bonnie vividly re-enacted a conversation with her grandmother. "So Grams is telling me I'm psychic. Our ancestors were from Salem, witches and all that, I know, crazy, but she's going on and on about it, and I'm like, put this woman in a home already! But then I started thinking, I predicted Obama and I predicted Heath Ledger, and I still think Florida will break off and turn into little resort islands...Elena! Back in the car." Bonnie rambled until she noticed Elena's lack of focus. Elena snapped out of her daze, guilt written all over her face.

            "I did it again, didn't I? I--I'm sorry, Bonnie. You were telling me that..." Elena apologized. "That I'm psychic now." Bonnie replied bluntly. "Right. Okay, then predict something. About me." A skeptical Elena joked. The quiet brunette shot her new acquaintance, Bonnie Bennett the self proclaimed psychic a challenging look, getting a smirk in response. "I see..." Bonnie began but was quickly cut off. A crow hit the windshield with a loud thud startling the three passengers. Quinn stiffened, shaken from her strange morning. She sucked in a sharp breath to quickly gather her composure. Bonnie emitted concern for Elena. "What was that? Oh my god! Elena, are you okay?" Quinn comfortingly gripped her friends hand.

              "It's okay. I'm fine." Elena reassured the two girls. "It was like a bird or something. It came out of nowhere." Bonnie explained in attempts to calm her friend down. Elena sighed. "Really, I can't be freaked out by cars for the rest of my life." Bonnie smiled sympathetically and quickly turned to a lighter subject. "I predict this year is going to be kick ass. And I predict all the sad and dark times are over and you are going to be beyond happy. As for Quinn, I predict you are really going to find whatever you came here looking for." Elena smiled a real smile. "Spoken like a true optimist, Bonnie Bennett." Quinn teased. Elena flashed a genuine smile at the two girls, and for a split second both girls felt like Bonnie's predictions could be right.