0.5

Quinn walked into the Mystic Grille with a certain confidence that she did not remember making a well known presence, and her pesky usual nerves. In her old suburban section of Sycamore, Chicago, Quinn had everything set. The quiet brunette's grades remained in the low 90's, she played one sport, played piano in her free time, had a job, and spent copious amounts of time in the library. Having all these things aligned gave the girl a sense of security she both desperately desired, as well as needed. Admittedly, she didn't ever wholeheartedly enjoy anything she was involved with. But, it didn't matter because it looked good on her college applications, and to the others whom she stumbled upon.

That's where Mystic Falls came in to play. Things could end up just the same for Quinn. Maybe she would still end up burning herself out by being a try hard and never having one friend close enough to lean back on for stability, but she was willing to take the risk if it meant there was a possibility things could be different. One perk of the insecure teenagers old life was having constant stability. The small town she believed would contain the happiness she craved did not guarantee the comfort and stability that once filled her schedule.

This was why the adrenaline inspired teen made her appearance at the now, too all familiar restaurant, twenty minutes earlier than her companions. She sauntered over to the bar portion of the grille for a drink and to inquire a manager about open positions. Quinn sat on a stool awaiting a bartender to cater to her, but found that service was particularly slow that day. After a few minutes of waiting, a petite, young girl with an annoyed look on her face emerged from a kitchen. At first her wide, chocolate brown eyes glossed over her peer in curiosity. Quickly, once she realized no drink was in front of her customer, she took position behind the counter to serve Quinn.

"Can I help you?" Snapped Quinn out of her thoughts. The other girls name tag read Vicki. "Oh, uh, yeah. Can I get, uh, a Shirley Temple?" The brunette looked confused, but shrugged and proceeded to grab a glass. Quinn watched intently as Vicki picked up the soda fountain spray and pressed Ginger Ale, which was actually incorrect. "It's sprite." She corrected. She received a dirty look from behind the bar, clearly indicating that she had no place telling and employee behind the bar how to make a drink. "Sorry." Quinn mumbled under her breath. In return Vicki simply shook her head and slid the cherry flavored drink to her customer. "Two dollars." She simply responded, taking Quintyn's two dollar bills and slipping them inside a compartment in her servers belt.

"Can I speak to a manager?" Quinn asked abruptly. Vicki gave her a very strange look. "Look, dude, I didn't do anything and I'm not about to receive a complaint about your virgin drink today." She rolled her eyes and began to strut back to a hostess podium. "I was inquiring about a job actually!" The awkward brunette called to her. "Oh." A odd mix of relief, and annoyance laid upon Vicki's face as she pulled out an application for the new girl. "Just fill this out. Bring it back tomorrow, by the way. You're going to look desperate if you hand it in today. Besides, it'll be easy if you come back at three tomorrow, Josh will only be slightly stoned." She explained. "Thanks." Quinn stammered. In response Vicki only gave a tight lipped smile, and turned to the girl behind the podium who just so happened to be Caroline.

Quinn instantly thought; I am so screwed. The past two days she had missed many of Caroline's calls and gave very few bland texts in response to paragraph about plans. The perky blondes eager text's ranged from what she wanted to do tomorrow up to the after party following the Timber Wolves final game of the football season. Her newly found friend was truly interested, but just couldn't look past her overwhelming anxiety about the lack of stability in her life and all the time she was spending with Elena to even think about Caroline's everlasting spiels. However, every vague response and missed call became an instant regret, when the very overwhelmed teenager saw the look her first friends face.