0.8

Though Quinn didn't consume any alcohol, she felt like she was hungover. Events from the night before rushed through her head rapidly. She was an introvert and gained nothing from the party life, yet she still found herself encouraging teenage partying. Even worse, she had been at a party where a girl nearly died because she drunkenly wandered into the woods and was attacked by an animal. The disturbing images of Vicki's mangled body ran through the frustrated brunettes mind mixed with an acidic feeling in her stomach.

Her recent fight with her father didn't help either. Benn Drake, the town sheriff and Quinn's father, was called to assess the scene where Vicki Donovan was attacked. He also wound up busting the annual party at the falls. Much to his dismay, his daughter was an attendee and was required to be "let off with a warning" like all the other kids who had been at the party. Now she was stuck at the house, with no car privileges and no rides to anywhere but school.

The annoyed brunette decided to check her phone to see what she had missed during the time she had slept. An expected voicemail from her dad explaining that he needed to spend the day at the station because of last night's incident, a text from Caroline apologizing for getting her in trouble followed by a lengthy explanation of her night, and an email from her mother reminding her about their weekly call.  She sighed heavily making sure to give her parents brief messages to signal she understood, and simply decided to give Caroline her grounding as an excuse as to why she couldn't talk.

Since she was basically on house arrest, Quinn took full advantage of having a productive day to herself. She finished her homework and organized the paper work that she still needed to fill out for proper enrollment at Mystic Falls High School. She finished unpacking her boxes of things and rearranged her new room to eliminate some of the clutter.  Around 4 p.m., the house phone rang. Her mother had decided to call her for they're required phone call. Quinn sighed and hit the accept button on her blackberry. "Hey mom." She managed to muster as brightly as she could.

Her mother was quick to speak, her voice lacking emotion. "Hello Quintyn, I am surprised to see you still have your cell phone after speaking with your father." She tried to play dumb and keep her cool in order to avoid a lecture. "Guess I got lucky. Oh, you talked to dad? How'd that go?" Christine Grey's voice became sharper and her patience had already worn thin. "Don't play dumb with me, Quintyn Samantha Drake. I don't approve of partying or underage alcohol consumption. God forbid your father wasn't the sheriff to bust down that party and your name would've been in the local papers. Do you know what that would've done to both of our careers? I do not condone this behavior. I brought you into this world and I can take you out, just like I can bring you back to Chicago. Understood?"

"Yes, mother. Is that all?" Quinn asked with mock sincerity. "We can drop the subject as soon as you drop that attitude, which you will, or I will have a discussion with your father about extending your punishment." The short tempered parent replied. "I'm sorry about my attitude." The teenager lied in a convincing tone. "Thank you. How was your first day at high school?" Her mother asked in a sickeningly sweet voice. "It was decent, pretty hot." The annoyed brunette answered vaguely. "And are you enjoying Mystic Falls? It's kind of boring, isn't it?" Christine probed.

"Actually, I love it. I haven't even bored until now. The community is just so welcoming, I've made so many friends here! I'm so excited that I will get to graduate with such a great class. You know?" Quinn said this with all the enthusiasm she had left. This was meant to agitate her mother as much as possible. It may not have been the entire truth, but there weren't any lies in her response either. "It's good to know you're adjusting smoothly." Her mother responded trying to hold back the icy tones in her voice. The teenager was well aware of that her mother strongly desired her presence in Illinois, despite how hard she pushed Quinn.