-|13|0|-

__________________________________________

Good news, I finally found a house. A cute little two-bedroom house with an open plan kitchen and an office that will be turned into another bedroom and a small backyard for my baby to play in. I can already imagine myself having breakfast out there on the lawn, maybe hosting a braai during the weekend. It's perfect.

Bad news, I can't actually finance it yet. Or any other house apparently. I have to get a bond from the bank and I've been told that I don't qualify for one yet-- they need a salary advice of about 3 months which I don't have since I was on contract.

Better news, I received an email that my housing subsidy and medical aid have been processed and approved by the company. I suspect the current vice president expedited that process for me, so thank you, Dixon. The email said that they're in the final stages of finalizing everything with banks and insurance companies in the country in order for me to access the benefits, and they hope to have everything settled sometime next week.

In the meantime, I'm looking for apartments to rent instead because come hell or high water, I am moving.

This weekend is Nebula's dedication ceremony on Sunday. I'm not able to attend the festivals during the week, but I do go after work, and on Sunday, I have to be in attendance anyway. It's compulsory. There have been a couple of hiccups of course, the biggest one how Vivid's elders stepped in and said they couldn't phahla for Nebula because Vivid's family didn't pay damages for him getting me pregnant, and they didn't lobolo the child so she's technically not a part of their family.

Now, I admit that if they had come to me with these issues a few weeks ago, I would've laughed and snatched my baby. But I am trying to raise a happy, healthy child, and provide her with the brightest future anyone has ever seen so that means that sometimes I have to put my own feelings aside and do what is right for her. It's easy to be petty. It's easy to prove a point. It's not easy being a parent.

So I got Mam'Noni and her husband to negotiate on my behalf despite protests from Vivid's elders. They had to understand that I don't have family, and Mam'Ntombi couldn't enter these negotiations as an unmarried woman, and she's too sick. I took the money, split it with Mam'Noni to thank her for everything really, then put the rest in a college fund for Nebula.

I don't think I can spend it on myself and still look Mam'Pinky in the eye. She's particularly nasty this week ever since finding out that the elders have taken my side on the surname business-- though through the while process they will give Nebula a new name from their clan and their surname in their family, they have agreed that I don't have to change it on her birth certificate.

I am winning.

I so want to rub it in that old bitch's face. Especially after the snide little remarks she's been making with her daughters about me and 'white men', and suddenly having all this money. Nothing new really, just new extra information from Siya and Precious after the taxi rank debacle and old rumours about that big ass SUV that's been parking at my gate lately.

It kills them.

It kills them even more that I bought a bunch of new clothes, got my hair and my nails did, and sometimes I get off the taxi at their house straight from work looking inhumanely perfect.

Ha!

Their faces!

The devil a lie. They can all go choke on donkey dicks and die. This is my season and I will never let them taint my season for blessings.