6. I'm the Best at Hide and Seek

The next day, I arrived at the arena at the time Chiron scheduled for my next training. I was just assuming he was going to give me more tips on how to use my bow instead of swords. I was partially right.

"Good evening Morgana," he said as I approached him. "Today I'm pairing you with another camper, I believe you'll get more out of your training if you're fighting someone more your...height."

"I'm alright with that," I giggled.

"Leo, you're up."

I'm not alright with that! My heart raced as Chiron stepped aside, revealing the one face I've been trying to avoid. I could have sworn on the river Styx that Chiron was secretly plotting against me.

"Hey," he waved. I was about ready to scream.

"Nuh uh." I wagged my finger at Chiron. "There must be someone else willing to spar with me. Will? Annabeth? Clarisse?"

"I'm sure Leo will do just fine." I swore I could see a smirk on Chiron's face.

Crossing my arms, I cocked my hip and stared at the boy. I scanned him up and down, taking in every annoying factor of him. His black hair was all scruffy from lack of care, his brown eyes although trying to show happiness let bits of sadness slip through. They made me feel sad myself...

What was I doing? This was the kid who creeped me out 24/7 and never left me alone. I couldn't be feeling any pity for him. I felt my face return to the tightened scowl as I stared through the boy.

"Shall we begi..." Before he was able to finish his sentence I swung my bow and slapped him across the face with the end. "Ow!" He touched his cheek where it began to turn red. "Listen lady, I..." *Slap* "What the Hades!" *Slap* "Alright. You asked for it."

Leo reached in his tool belt and pulled out a club hammer. How it fit in there, I had no idea. With a high pitched battle cry, he charged at me with his hammer raised. I side stepped him and ducked at his swing, giving him a swipe of my own. His face turned even more red when he turned around to look at me.

We both went at it, taking hits from each other. Leo seemed to be raging as he swung at me. Finally, I found an opening where I locked my bow around his hammer, ripping it from his hands, and took his feet out from under him. Once he hit the ground, I put my bow to his throat, wielding the hammer above my head.

"There. You beat me up. Happy?" He actually sounded hurt. It was then that I realized just how close I was to his face. His brown eyes tried to avoid mine and I bit my lip.

"Uh," I mumbled, quickly standing up. "Sorry about that... Um... Here's your hammer back."

He slowly reached out and grabbed his hammer.

"Thanks." Instead of storming away like I thought he would, Leo just stood there, staring at me. His face was still red, but only from the slap marks of my bow.

"Um. Sorry about your face." I bit my bottom lip again, avoiding eye contact with him.

"I barely even feel it." He was being so nice to me I thought there must have been something wrong. At first he was flirting with me non stop, then he seemed like he wanted to pound me in with his hammer, and then I couldn't tell what he was thinking. He was actually being nice to me.

"Well, uh, I should probably go."

"Yeah. Me too. Got a boat to build."

There was a long silence.

"Bye," I said.

"Bye."

That event made it to the top of my most awkward moments list.