01

"Honey are you ready yet?"

I ran downstairs with my suitcase thumping down behind me. I slipped on my converse and walked out the door looking behind me at the house one last time. Turning around I saw my mom, impatiently waiting for me in the car. I walked down the steps, opened the car door, and hopped inside.

"You ready sweetie?" My mom asked as set the car in drive, turning to look at me.

I buckled my seatbelt and adjusted myself. I looked up at the house, the house I grew up in. The one where my best friends and I used to have fashions shows. Of course I wasn't ready.

"Yeah. I guess." I said pulling my eyes away from house and turning to look at my mom.

My mom looked back at me, grabbed my hand and smiled. "Everything's going to be okay." She whispered as she squeezed my hand tighter letting go of it.

"I guess." I whispered as I turned away and look out of the window at the city, Perry, which was my childhood.

I grabbed my phone from the cup holder, untangled my headphones, played my favorite road trip song, and slowly fell asleep.
-

"Sweetie, wake up. We made it to Virgina." My mom whispered as she gently shook me. I heard the unbuckle of her seatbelt as I sat up.

I turned and looked out the window at what was going to be my new home. It was huge, there was a wrap around porch and a small little balcony even.

Unbuckling my seatbelt I opened the car door, letting it slam shut behind me. My mom was at the trunk of our car grabbing a few boxes that the movers refused to take because they were 'too small'.

"Pretty awesome right?" My mom asked as she slammed the trunk door shut and the 'beep beep' of the car went off.

"Awesome? It's beautiful." I replied as I lifted a box from my moms arm. We both headed up the steps that lead to our new home.

My mom grabbed the key from her purse, pushed it in the lock and pushed open the doors to the house. I stepped in setting the box I was holding on the floor. The house just didn't look nice on the outside, but the inside too.

Back home I lived in a more "country" type of neighborhood. It was like there weren't a lot of kids and the house were smaller than this.

"Your room is upstairs, it's the first door on the left." My mom explained as she walked into the house, setting down the box she had in her hands too.

I made my way up the stairs which were carpeted. Better than the hard wood ones we had back home, I thought as I turned the corner to my new room.

I entered my room and looked around in awe. The walls, a light shade of blue made the sun shining in even brighter. I looked over to the window to notice that I was the one who had the balcony. Score, I thought.

I made my way over to the balcony and walked out onto it. There was a small chair on one side and it was facing the neighbors house, who had a pool and a basketball hoop next door. Better become friends with whoever lives there, I thought.

Shutting the balcony doors, I walked over to my bed laying down. We had all of our "big" stuff like the beds, kitchen stuff, and couchs already sent over. So that's why my bed was already here.

"Honey, come help with these boxes!" My mom called up the stairs her voice echoing.

I jumped off my bed and walked down the stairs to where my mom was standing with more boxes.

"Those over there are your decorates for your room, like your pictures and notebooks, you know. And those are your blankets." She sighed pointing to a set of boxes by the door.