02

"Mom, do you know where I put my white vans?" I called throughout the house as I looked through all the boxes that where labeled shoes.

"No honey, didn't you wear them yesterday?" My mom asked as she walked in the hallway to find me searching through the boxes near the stairs.

"Oh crap I forgot, thanks mom!" I replied as I rushed back into my room, lifting my comforter to find them laying where I took them off yesterday.

"A banana muffin is downstairs for you sweetie when you're ready." My mom called as I heard her become quite as she walked down the stairs.

I stood up quickly, adjusting myself in my bathroom mirror. I was gonna do fine on this first day right? Yeah of course no problem. I nodded at myself in the mirror, grabbed my backpack and phone and walked downstairs.

"I wanna get a head start at the grocery store today so hurry up sweetie."

I nodded my head as I took a bite into my muffin taking a seat at the island in our kitchen. I finished the last bite quickly as I grabbed a water bottle.

"Ready mom." I said trying not to sound too nervous. I strapped my backpack on and put my water bottle on the side strap.

"Don't rush me sweetie. And don't look too nervous." She smiled at me as she unlocked the front door and unlocked the car door. "You'll be fine."

"I hope." I mumbled under my breath as I shut the door to the car behind me.

-

"Welcome to Madison High! I'm Sophie and I'll be your tour guide for today, just to show you the ropes and stuff." A girl with blonde hair squeaked as she walked into the office.

As soon as my mom had dropped me off, I went straight to the office to get signed in. They gave me my schedule but told me to wait until my tour guide got here. Didn't know that tour guides where a thing at school.

"I'm Megan." I replied as I stood up slowly. I looked over at the secretary who looked at us both, nodded and went back to typing.

"That's such a nice name!" Sophie replied as we made our way down the hallway to the right of the office.

"Thanks." I replied shakily not really sure what to say next.

"Anyways, again welcome to Madison High! It's a wonderful place and I promise the people are really nice, sometimes." She laughed as she stopped in front of the glass doors where I entered this morning.

"So uh, do you know where English is?" I asked looking down at my schedule and what classes I had.

"Oh, you're probably going to miss that period and some of second anyways so it doesn't matter today. I can still show you if you like?" She asked her voice filling the hallways as the warning bell rang for first period to start.

"Could you maybe walk my whole schedule with me? If it's not too much work?"

"Of course not!" She laughed as she took me by the arm and lead me down the hallway to where my first period was.

-

Jacobs POV

I sat in first period wanting to leave already. Basketball tryouts where tomorrow which means that I had workouts tonight so that's all I was focused on.

"Mr. Sartorius, are you with us?" My math teacher asked as she turned to stare at me.

"Yes ma." I replied as smoothly as ever. She nodded, trusting me and turned back around to carry on with her lesson.