Chapter 1

Dedicated to @dianne_lorremae
———————————————————————
I have had enough. I pack up all of my stuff and my sword that my grandpa left me.

Right now I am running for my life, away from the worst parents ever.

"Get back here you little sl*t b*tch. You are our maid you can't leave."

First of all what they are talking about to that I do everything for them. And yes, technically I also own the house they live in (my name was use because they could put any blame on me) but I can't kick them out because I'm not old enough to live alone, and I would be an orphan instead.

Secondly, I don't think parents are suppose to call their child a sl*t or a b*tch if they do then never mind.

My name is Jiah and I am 17 years old. Even though I have one more year until I can kick them out and live on my own but they abuse me too much. I can not take it anymore. My life wasn't always like this.

When I was little I did at least have a normal life until my dad got into an accident. But the thing is I don't know if he is alive or not because his body went missing. After that, my mom change and became a wh*re.

So now I have a new step dad. They are both abusive and alcoholic. More importantly I pay the bills, I was the one who bought the house and sign the lease. Which everything is under my name. So yeah... let's see how long they will live when they don't know how to pay the bills.

The sword was something that was pass down but I was never allow to open it and besides even if I want to I can't because it's tape with talisman. Even if I want know more about it I don't even remember my grandparents or even know if they are alive or dead because no one talks about them. I only have one picture of my dad and it was when I was three and he had me on his shoulder. Just me and him.

Ah I am getting annoy. Ah why did you marry someone like this dad?

I'm just saying because she is just ew and also kinda fat. That isn't a bad thing but you can see something like fat dripping every step she takes. I look back and saw I lost my parents.

"Finally now where the heck am I? Ugh I can't believe I got lost."

I was in a neighborhood that gave a weird vibe like there wasn't anything human like. Like it didn't belong on earth. Being my curious self, I walk around and since it was night right now. It seem really creepy.

Why do I feel like someone's watching? Please tell me they didn't find me.

I look and there was no one but I could hear the faint voice of my mom. I rolled my eyes and look at the houses they all seem like rich people houses but also look like no one lives in them. I stop at one that look scarier than the others and look like a ghost would pop out any minute.

I stood in front of the gate and look at house. I felt a chill down my spine and then heard my mom's voice getting louder.

"Shoot ah what do I do? I can't trespass on someone's property."

"Jiah get out where I can see you. You don't want me to get the frying pan again do you?"

Okay she is drunk.

When she means the frying pan. She means that she let it sit on the stove and when it is hot she freaking burns me. I have too many burn scars on my body because of her and also my step dad. Ah I wish I could go to where my dad is if I knew if he was alive or not. Either way I rather not be here.

I tried to open the gate but it was lock. I then climb over the gate and when I step into the yard, I got a weird feeling. But that stop when I heard my mom yelling. I turned around and felt something hit my head.

I groan and rub my head. I was about to turn around again to cuss at whoever hit me and they put something over my mouth. I blacked out.

"Hey do you think we killed her?"

"Idiot she is still breathing of course we didn't."

"She's pretty I wonder when she is going to wake up."

"Yeah but remember she isn't your mate."

"I know I know."

Who the hell is talking? I'm trying to sleep. Wait sleep?!

I slowly open my eyes and 6 good looking boys surrounding me. They all had different hair color and wearing makeup?

"Ya hyung she is awake."

"W-what do we do?"

They are weird and why do they have horns on their head. Halloween hasn't even start. But they are hot though.

I then remember what happen and guess that one of these boys hit me.

"Where is my sword and which one of you freaking hit me on the head just because in shows or movies people faint after getting hit once that doesn't mean that's true."

He gave me the sword that was wrap in a cloth and I could hang it like an arrow on my back. I took it and held it tightly in my arms.

"Wait you aren't scare of us?"

The one with oranges hair and blue eyes said. I raised an eyebrow looking at them weirdly.

"Why would I? I mean I know I'm surrounded by strangers but you don't look smart enough to kidnap someone. Also kidnappers would probably tie me up and would plan to rape me. But you don't seem like that type of people and why do you have horns on your head it isn't Halloween. And you should have a creepy vibe which I'm not getting. Also you don't look like you have drugs."

They look at each other like what is wrong with this girl and then stayed quiet.

"Wait those are real?"

They nodded.

"Can I touch them?"

One of them leaned over and I reach over to touch it was cool.

"How long was I out?"

"A week."

"A week?"

"Yeah."

I let go of whoever's horns I was touching and held my sword closer.

"You aren't afraid?"

"Okay look I'm not if I was I think you would see me freaking out and crying by now. Or I would be hitting every one of you."

I cross my arms over my chest and they nodded.

"So why should I be afraid of you?"

"Because we're demons."