Chapters 7-11

Chapter 7

As they slept, there came a knock at the front door. <knock knock> No got up to answer and again. <knock knock> the exact same as the first neither faster nor slower. Again no one went to check. The person, who knocked, knocked a third time, then a fourth, then a fifth. Just like the first time, came no answer from within. So the person opened the door with a skeleton key, and crept into the quite house. The invader crept into the living room and kitchen, searching high and low for something to be amiss, but came up short handed. The invader then left without touching a thing. As it left, it placed a box on the kitchen table and snuck out of the house without making another sound.

Morning arrived with a great and powerful glow. The sun's rays wondered aimlessly into each room as if it was a phantom. It streaked across Emmy's face, then Sophia's, then Sarina's. Soon the whole room had a glow that woke up the girls. The girls got up, stretched, and then got ready. Sarina rushed into the room where Esmeralda and Chi slept in, and jumped on the bed.

Sarina-"WAKE UP, WAKE UP! IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP!"

She then jumped off the bed with a thud. Chi got up so fast that she fell off the bed. <thud> She hit the ground.

Chi-"ouch. <yawns> why are you up so early?"

Sarina dashes over and sits right in front of Chi.

Sarina-"It's because I'm going to Brother's house today. And I think you have a box. On the kitchen table."

Sarina ran out of the room, and brings the box that Brother gave Dan yesterday to Chi.

Sarina-"Here you go. <hand the box over to Chi> it says 'special Delivery' on it, so I think it's important."

Chi opens the night stand drawer, grabs the box cutter, and uses it to open the box. Chi removes the bubble wrap and hands them to Sarina. <POP POP POP> Sarina giggles as she continues to pop the bubble wrap bubbles. Chi finds another box, opens it, and finds a necklace. To her surprise it was from Fix. A note fell out, as Chi puts on the necklace. Sarina picks up the note and hands it to Chi. Esmeralda gets up and gets ready. Chi reads the note and smiles warmly.

Sarina-"what does it say?"

Chi-"Let's just say that it's a present to me from a friend."

They both leave the bedroom and head towards the kitchen; where Sophia and Emmy are cooking breakfast.

Emmy-"Hey Chi. What's up with this box?" <Pointing to the box on the table>

Chi-"It wasn't here yesterday. Hmmmm. Oh I know. Imam take it to the back yard for a bit."

Chi takes the box to the backyard and placed it on the ground, then covers it with a cast iron cover.

Chi-"There, now no one will know what's in there. <walks back inside> once Brother gets here we will have him look at it."

The ladies have breakfast and lazed around the house. At noon sharp, a knock came at the door. <knock knock>

Chi-"I wonder if that's phantom. <opens the door> Hi Kiyomi! <grabs Kiyomi and hugs her tightly>

Kiyomi-<sounds a bit stuffed> "Why is it that you always greet everyone you know like this?"

Chi puts Kiyomi down.

Chi-"It's because I love having people visit me."

Kiyomi fixes her dress and picks up her sun hat off the bush next to the door.

Kiyomi-"Well, I have come to take the Kannens to Brother's House. Are they ready?"

Esmeralda walks over from the living room.