Chapters 25-31

Chapter 25

Brother wonders about the different kinds of things that the ladies may like for lunch. He thought about making tea sandwiches, loaves of sour dough bread and clam chowder, or table top grill seafood and steak slices. Brother couldn't decide so he made a bit of everything. The ladies smelled the food while Brother was cooking and came to the kitchen to see what he was making. They sat at the table waiting patiently. After Brother finished, he brought the food to the table and they had a feast for lunch.

Meanwhile, Jenny, Emmy, Sophia, and Naomi are on the roof of their school having pork buns, spaghetti, sweet rolls, and Mongolian beef with broccoli. Sophia takes a bite of her pork bun. The others then began to eat their lunch as Jenny told them what brother was doing with her in the recovery room.

Emmy- "so you can walk a bit now? You know, without the pain?"

Jenny- "There is still some pain, but it does feel better. Help me up would you?"

Emmy stood up and helped Jenny to her feet. Jenny stood by herself for a few minutes, and then she walked to the bench and back. She then plopped down onto her chair, and let out a huge sigh.

Sophia- "That was great! I don't really know how Brother does it, but he must have done something to you without you knowing."

Jenny- "Y-yeah, maybe."

Emmy- "Maybe he gave you a massage while you were deep asleep."

Emmy pauses to eat some of her Mongolian Beef with broccoli. Jenny and Sophia's minds went down the gutter and they started to think of some perverted things. Their faces turn a pink color.

Emmy- "you know, to help your blood flow better, or something."

Emmy looks up to see Jenny and Sophia's faces started to turn red.

Emmy- "You two thought of some dirty things, huh."

Jenny- "N-n-no! I wasn't thinking any dirty thoughts. I was just thinking how Brother may have massaged me. th-that's all."

Sophia- "I was thinking how much Brother must have done to get Jenny's legs to be like that in one day. He must have worked really hard to make sure that your bones are put back just right, huh."

Naomi then chimes in.

Naomi- "that reminds me of this one time when I was younger; I was running around at the camping site near the river. I was playing with some of my cousins and I fell off the diving point into shallow water. I tried to swim back but I hurt my leg I began to cry and splash about. There was a man who rushed to me. He picked me up even though I was screaming and flailing in pain. He took me to the shore and put some weird medicine on my legs. It was really thick and after it was really warm; it then cooled, and almost like magic, it disappeared. I was told by my mom later that my skin absorbed it and that's why I was able to play and walk around like it never happened. Thinking back, I think it may have been Brother who gave me the medicine. Oh, well. Mom never told me who that man was."

Emmy- "Would you like to find out?"

Naomi- "Yes, but... I think I would like it to be a mystery for a while longer. I want to find out by myself."

Emmy- "Okay."

Emmy turns and looks at Sophia taking a bite into her second pork bun. Sophia then notices and glances back with a smile.