Chapter 19-24

Chapter 19

Brother looked for class 3-C, as Emmy and Jenny talked.

Emmy-"So Jenny."

Jenny-"Yeah?"

Emmy-"Where would you like to sit? I will sit right next to you. So that if any one throws anything at you I will catch it and throw it back."

Jenny-"That's okay; I can catch it and throw it back myself."

The girls then laughed as Brother smiled simply and continued to look for their class. As Brother found the class, he entered the classroom; everyone's attention was averted to Jenny. Jenny noticed the stares and looked at her legs. The teacher, Ms. Gunnies, then stopped the lesson and introduced the two new students.

Ms. Gunnies-"Okay class, these are our new students class. Welcome them warmly."

The whole class then stood up and spoke in unison.

The class-"Welcome to our class. We hope that you will have a good experience this year."

The class then took their seat without another word. Emmy then leaned over to Jenny and whispered.

Emmy-"wow, I hope we don't be turned into robots."

Jenny-"I hope we don't get turned into them <slightly gesturing to the class> either."

They both giggled and their introductions then began.

Emmy-"Hello everyone, I am Emmy Kannen. I like music and art. I also like sports and I am very competitive, so watch out."

She then winks cutely at the class. A quiet 'awww' then befell the class. Next was Jenny's turn.

Jenny-"Good morning everyone, I am Jenny. I hope to become a good friend of yours. I like music, books, and hard work."

She then does her best to bow while sitting. After her bow, Jenny then sat straight up as she heard some whisper about how and why Jenny is in the wheel chair. Jenny's expectation of the class then dropped. She then became depressed and looked at her legs and clenching her long and velvet colored skirt.

Emmy-"HEY NOW! You are just lucky that Jenny is not standing, 'cuz if she was, she would mop the floor with you rumor spreading jerks. And I will help her."

The class then fell silent for a moment then a girl in the back shouted.

Girl-"If she is so tough then why does she look like she's gonna cry then?"

Brother, who could not keep quiet any longer, spoke in such a way that the whole class and the teacher were in awe.

Brother-"It is because every time she sees her legs in that condition that she longs to walk again. If you were in her position, would you want to walk as soon as possible? Now answer my question aloud."

Boy-"No cuz I can leave school early and I don't have to work or do P.E."

Girl-"No because I won't have to worry about wearing socks or shoes."

Brother-"Well, you're both wrong, and you both are terrible liars. You would definitely miss walking, running, and hanging out with your friends. Jenny can do those things even without the use of her legs-"