A Grandfather's Grandson

From the moment she'd gone into labor, Leia had known this one was going to be a trouble-maker. Half a month early and flying into the galaxy feet first, he'd come full of surprises and, perhaps, not the most pleasant ones. But he was perfect. He was beautiful and perfect and Leia loved him jut as much as she loved his older siblings. He was small, smaller than even Jaina had been when she'd been born, with dark curls of hair matted down with amniotic fluid. But he was still so handsome. His eyes were a startling bright blue and, at first, Leia had wondered where a child of hers and Han's could possibly have gotten those eyes until she realized they were his uncle's.
  Leia had had dreams before of those very same eyes; blue and piercing, offering a charm to their look But whenever she dreamed of those eyes, they were never on Luke. No, she always dreamed of those eyes when they were her father's. Not Vader, but Anakin, a young man, charismatic, thoughtful, and loyal. Nothing like the man Leia remembered. And so, by a small extension, her new precious little boy reminded her . . . of her father, his grandfather. Anakin Skywalker.
  To a certain degree, Leia had come to terms with her paternity, but it was as if this was a sign, a chance for Leia to forgive her father once and for all and put her mind at rest.
  She brushed her hand across her child's brow, sweeping it back to play with his dark, downy curls between her fingers. He yawned, waking up from a long nap, and his little eyes opened, flashing that bright blue of color at his mother. Leia smiled at the sight, her eyes filling with tears. When she saw those eyes again, she knew what she had to do.
  "Hey, Princess," Han said, coming up to her side to kiss her temple. Leia turned her head and caught Han's lips with her own. "Resting well?" he asked as he took a seat beside her. He reached out and cupped their son's head, kissing it too.

  "I'm already feeling better," she assured him. "He's been sleeping since he was born, Han! He's so perfect!"
  Han responded with a deep chuckle and settled back to watch mother and son for a moment.

  "I've been thinking . . ." Leia started, her gaze remaining on her baby boy.

  "Oh no."

  "I know we already agreed on a name for him, but . . ." She trailed off. Han waited and when she still didn't finish her thought, he asked, "There's one you really want to give him. Sweetheart, don't you know how this works? I help suggest names, but after the birth, it's all up to you because I'd rather not get on your hormonal side."

  Leia quickly turned a sharp glare to her husband, but her lips were turned up in a smile. "You're right," she finally said. "But I wasn't thinking of it until today, after I saw those beautiful eyes of his."
  "Tell me. What name are you thinking of?"
  When she looked up at Han, there was a look in his eyes, a yearning and Leia knew it was finally time for Daddy to get his first turn holding the new baby. She held him out to Han and he beamed, carefully, taking the boy into his own arms.
  "What do you think about . . . Anakin?"

  Han quickly looked up, but his expression wasn't what Leia had prepared herself to see. There was no anger or fear there, no disgust. Instead, he looked to be seriously considering it. "Like your father?" he asked for confirmation.
  Leia nodded. "Like my father for his redemption, for what could have been, for everything our little boy will be. After all, he is his grandfather's grandson. What do you think, Han?"

  "Anakin Solo." Han nodded, leaning forward to kiss his wife again. "I think he'll do a lot for the name."