My Last Words To You

In Leia's POV; her reaction to hearing about Luke and Ben's trip to the Lake of Apparitions

-----------------------------

  Oh, if I could see you one more time! If I could sit down and talk with you, I wouldn't waste a second. I would speak as fast as I could; sure to tell you everything that I've been wishing and cursing for the chance to tell you. All the words I should have told you before you left for your death. I remember holding you in my arms for the last time, holding you gently while I tried to think positively. I should have crushed you in a hug, cried.
  I wish I had screamed your name until my throat was raw, until I had convinced you to stay. But I suppose that was never going to happen, was it? No, you were so strong and brave and courageous. You would have known better than that. Even my pleas could never have stopped you. You had a destiny and you knew it. And you fulfilled it.
  For that, I will always be proud of you.
  Your sacrifice saved the entire galaxy and, for that, I will always be so proud to say that you were my little boy. Anakin.
  If I'm completely honest with myself, I have a mother's jealousy just imagining your uncle's tale. Is it true, Anakin? He really got to talk to you? Him and Ben? Your uncle got to say his last words to you? Again, I still long for that chance.
  My baby boy, if I could tell you how much I love you just one last time . . .
  And what words have you for me? None? Of course, you were thinking of Tahiri first. Oh, how she'll cry over that! But me? In my own selfish way, I would wish that you were thinking of me, too. Perhaps, you are. I promise that I've been thinking of you. Every day, every night since you left me. You and your brother. Forever in my heart, I promise. But if you could just give me the chance, too. Please. Just let me have the chance to tell you how I've felt . . .