Chapter Two

Heather made it her mission to take me under her wing. From what I had observed from her was that she was really laid back and chill. She wore designer clothes, but you could tell money wasn't the root for her happiness. Even though all the boys were breaking their necks to look back at her.

"Oh, look. The favorite couple and their number one third wheeler." Heather joked as she looked over to her friends. I followed her eyes and came into view of Oliver, Beck and Dave. They all looked as if they were happy, but the look disappeared when they once saw me again. Except for Oliver.

"I swear Beck is such a brat," Zara hissed. "It's like they baby him all the time when he doesn't get it his way. He needs to learn that money won't always give him his way." Zane dryly laughed, but nodded in agreement.

"He's my best friend, but I totally agree." Heather and I remained silent and the twins continued to converse. To my surprise the trio turned, before meeting up with us. I guess, they wanted the baby to have it his way.

We all headed to class to be agonized with the longest first day of school. Heather was probably the only person who I talked to the most. Zara and Zane were too busy conversing amongst each other. Oliver, Dave and Beck were a whole different story. They avoided me to no end, at least Oliver waved.

I was in my thoughts all day if I wasn't talking to Heather. I was just waiting for lunch, because I was starving. Since, I was so nervous to come to school I hadn't eaten anything. My mom made me pack a banana, even though I didn't like them.

There were certain things that showed I was more like my father than my mother. I enjoyed the things my dad ate and didn't really like the things my mom ate. She ate oatmeal, I despised oatmeal. My dad liked grits and I loved grits. It was more comfortable with my mom and a bit awkward with my dad.

"What do you want?" The lunch lady asked me as I handed her my bowl. I looked at the varieties and my eyes went straight to the jerk chicken. I didn't expected them to be serving Caribbean food in LA. Jerk chicken was my absolute favorite food or some nice curry.

My stomach grumbled at the image of the food. "Jerk chicken, yellow rice and corn, please." I ordered, unfolding the five dollar bill in my hand. She heartily filled up my bowl, before we exchanged the items.

Heather got mushroom pizza, another favorite of mine. "How could you eat that spicy stuff?" She asked, handing me a water bottle. "Girl, this shit is bomb. What's up with that dry ass pizza you're about to eat?" I chuckled, a bit offended that she lowkey dissed the Caribbean food.

She laughed and waved me off. In search of someone or some people, her eyes locked onto Zara and Zane. We headed over to them and sat down at their table.

"Hey." Zane greeted me as I sat facing towards him. "Hi." I greeted him, not caring to make conversation. My goal was to devour the food before me and I think he caught on once he saw me literally dig into my food.

"How are you liking LA?" Zara dumbly asked. "I mean, I've been no where except for my new home and school. So, I don't know." I answering with a hint of my duh tone. She laughed and excused herself.

"Grumpy squad alert." Heather informed us and I looked behind me to indeed see them coming this way. They all looked so miserable and out of place.

Silence was a loud answer as they sat down, not saying a single word. I could feel the harsh glares I was receiving from Batman and his trusty sidekick Robin. Even though I didn't want to, I looked up, catching two pairs of light blue eyes haunting me. His small freckles Very dominant all over his smooth skin.

"Where were you guys?" Perked out Heather. "Around." He gruntly answered. I took that as my cue to disappear, because I was not into getting the heat from mermaid man and barnacle boy.

I stood up, taking my half finished food into my hands. "Where are you going?" Zane asked, curiosity lacing his voice. "I forgot I had to go back to the office." I lied, but unfortunately he offered to come with me.

I swear dumping my jerk chicken in the garbage was the hardest thing for me to do. I felt like I was committing murder with the simple act.

"You could've fooled me."

"How's that?" I asked, lacing my fingers together. "It was pretty obvious you left because you didn't want to be with them."

"Would you want to be at a table with people who dislike you for no reason?" I twirled my multicolored purple hair around my finger. "True, but just give him a chance, I swear he has a good heart. Dave will give you a hard time, because you're like fucking with his brother."

I wasn't sure if he was being serious right now. I would never hang out with my siblings on a daily if I knew I was going back home with them. How could they even think about hanging out together. Zara and Zane were different because they were twins and twins are inseparable.

"Uh-huh." I hummed, just as the loud bell rung, signaling the end of lunch. "Listen, I'll see you around."

"You don't even know your way around." He had let out a low deep laugh, which was so cute. "Don't try to escape someone who wants to be your friend."

-

I was frustrated at my father for suddenly pouncing on me the idea of having a dinner date. Especially, since I didn't even know the people he was talking about. Apparently, it was his best friend back in college and they coincidentally worked at the same place. It seemed a bit cliche to me.

"Get out of my room!" I screamed at my brother, Dylan. I swear he was a pain in the ass ever since he got accepted into college. I don't even know why he was still living with us, he's a grown ass man. He could've at least choose a college that allowed you to sleep over.

"Shut up!" He yelled back at me. "Boy, you don't want to see Jesus this early in your lame life." I grumbled to myself. Turning back to my mirror closet, I examined the pink dress I was wearing. I didn't even really like the color pink, but it was all I was feeling at the moment.

I had put on my beige pumps and sprayed some perfume on to finish my look off.

"Milan, let's go!" My father called out for me and I walked to the door. Slowly, I swung the door open and headed down the hall, to the front door. My dad was waiting for me to get out, before he locked the door.

I swayed to the car, knowing that I looked bomb as fuck.

The drive to my dad's friend's house was long and boring. Dylan wouldn't leave me alone and my parents were singing to cheesy love songs. I was honestly annoyed and just wanted to go back home to my bed.

When we arrived I was surprised about how massive the house was. The exterior was just gorgeous. The lawn was like the lawns you saw in the movies. The fountain was beautiful and ran great. The trees were perfectly trimmed and the walls were freshly painted. I couldn't help but imagine how beautiful the interior design was.

"Be on y'all best behavior." Our mother reminded us.

Dylan decided on pressing the doorbell, beautiful music played as he continually pressed the button, as if he had no sense. My mother slapped his hand before he could press it anymore. Slowly, the door opened, revealing a tall man.

"Welcome to my house, darlings! I am Scott Abate and I will introduce you to my family." His accent was absolutely gorgeous. It was a French accent and I love French accents. They were so elegant and just mesmerizing.

When we entered, there was four people standing in the hallway waiting for us. My eyes landed on the douche I met at school and my mood had immediately went down. How could I be in the house of the same guy who already hates me?

"This is my beautiful wife Marilyn. My only and best daughter, Lauren. My youngest and last son, Scott and my first born Beck Abate." He introduced the whole clan.

Beck glared at me with such hate in his eyes and I knew already this would be a long dinner.