Chapter Six

Days went by and Beck completely ignored me. Even at work he ignored me and glared at me. By now I'm sure I would've been dead if looks could kill. He was such an asshole and he did it on purpose. He would bump into me and try to yell at me for him bumping into me.

It was almost time to go to the barbeque and so far, I had only bathed. Latisha was excited and wouldn't shut up about the whole thing. Every time we saw Heather she would get excited and start talking about it again. It was cute that she was happy to see my friends?

I hadn't talked much to Zane since Tuesday. It was like he had disappeared from the earth. Zara and I barely talked, we only talked when Heather was around. Oliver and I only talked on Monday and that was before Dave and Beck decided that they hated me, which was pretty weird. Considering that I didn't do shit to them.

I settled on wearing a yellow romper, that stopped under my ass. Thus, my dad forced me to wear a jacket or change. I decided to match it with my white cardigan that went under my knee and my white converse. The romper had a very low cut, which meant I had to accessorize it with accessories.

I braided my purple hair into a fish tail and had strands coming out so it'd be a bit messy. Once I was done I sprayed myself with some perfume and we were on our way to Heather's. She had texted me her address a while before and I used my wisdom to not get lost.

"Could you hurry up?" My annoying best friend groaned beside me.

"I'm driving fast. What's your rush? You don't even like barbeques." I rolled my eyes and she looked out the window.

"I have a feeling Heather will make it fun. After all, she's a redhead and redheads are smart." She smiled and I looked away. Latisha was off and it felt weird, because she hated redheads and all their glory.

"Just drive faster please." She pressured me and I did as told. We were at Heather's house within ten minutes. Tisha sprung out the car and ran to the door. I snickered to myself before following her lead.

Heather answered the door with a bright smile. "You guys are late, but welcome!" She hushed us inside, where everyone was sitting down and talking. "I'm still getting ready, you guys can come upstairs with me if you want."

Seeing Beck, Oliver, Zane, Dave and Zara sitting all together with a huge smiles made me realize I would not fit in with them. I was most likely to fit in with Heather and Latisha, because I was comfortable with them. I followed behind Latisha as we headed down the stairs to Heather's room. I was surprised that her room was down and not upstairs.

"I like the basement, so I switched rooms with my brother." She said, switching on the lights. When she did that, the whole room lit up and it was so bright. "Lock the doors for me, will ya?" She asked me and I did as told.

"What's up with locking the door?"

"My mom doesn't know what the word privacy mean." She sarcastically stated and I laughed, nodding my head in agreement. I walked over to the board she had. It was a lot of pictures of her and other people.

"I reckon you have a lot of fun." I slid my hand over the pictures and she nodded. "If you guys want, we can have a sleepover tomorrow, so I could have memories with you guys."

"I have to talk to my parents about that." She nodded in understandment and I sat on the bed.

"That'd be great, don't ya think?" Tisha asked and I nodded. It really would be fun to hang out with my best friend and Heather. We talked and talked until Heather was done.

When she was down we surfaced from the room and headed to the living room. Oliver suggested we play spin the bottle. I felt my stomach drop, because I didn't really want to play. It was just something that I felt like I had to do though.

"I wanna go first." Zara volunteered. She spun the bottle and waited until it landed on someone she wanted to kiss. Unfortunately, it landed on Zane. She growled, before planting a kiss on her brother's cheek.

Oliver went next and of course it happened to land on no one other than her boyfriend, Beck. He happily kissed her with such joy in his eyes. But, when he looked at me the joy was replaced with hatred. I scoffed and waited for Latisha to spin.

The bottle had landed on Heather and she looked nervous. "Do I spin again or?" Heather shook her head and placed her lips on Tisha's. I was shocked to see that Tisha was actually kissing her back.

For as long as I knew Tisha, she was a homophobic. She would constantly say how she would never kiss a girl. She didn't like girls and I was surprised she had kissed Heather. Even though it was a game.

"Okay, my turn." Zane called out and spun the bottle. It landed on Oliver and she actually looked happy to kiss her boyfriend's best friend. Zane leaned over and placed a soft kiss upon her.

I sat there quite happy that the bottle hadn't landed on me as yet. I would hate for it to land on me and then I would be forced to kiss someone.

Unfortunately, fate was such a horrible and cliche thing. Beck of all people had some how landed the bottle on me. A twinkle in his eyes as he watched it land on me. My breath hitched and I didn't want to kiss him, but at the same time I wanted to. Just to see why his lips were so perfect. They looked kissable enough.

"Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" Latisha cheered and eventually they all started to cheer, except for Oliver, Beck and I.

We leaned closer and closer. Finally, his lips met mine and they moved in sync. I could taste the orange he had eaten or tasted before this kiss. His tongue ran along my bottom lip, asking for entrance. I opened my mouth wider and let our tongues massage each other, a groan coming from him.

"That's enough." Oliver roughly said. Within seconds the bliss from the kiss was gone and tingles were left.

"I still don't like you." He whispered in my ear and I sat back, a bit hurt. The kiss was all I've ever wanted for my first kiss and of course he had to ruin it.