27-The Chase

Lance constantly checked his tracking device while on his way to Miguel's villa.

He was alarmed that the green dot representing his wife was moving toward his direction.

"Shit Miguel! What now?!"

Lance waited for the perfect timing. When he saw a fast moving red BMW probably where his wife was and a familiar blue Sequoia passed him, he made a sharp U turn with his black Porsche Cayenne and followed suit. He had to win this chase. His wife and child's life is on the line.

-0-0-0-0-0-

"Sir Miguel, two cars are chasing us. Do you have a plan?"

"Try to lose them! We need to board the jet immediately."

"You might want to reconsider Sir as the traffic near the airstrip is worse this time of day."

"Shit! Can you go by the Marina instead? I will call for the speedboat to be readied."

"Right away Sir." Then switched to the road leading to the Freeway.

"Don't worry my dear Cassandra, soon everything will be over and we can live together without any problems."

Miguel caressed her slightly bruised and unconscious face. He had to punch her somewhere along the way as she was constantly fighting him and even tried to jump off the moving vehicle.

"Drive faster! We need to lose them, trick them if you can."

-0-0-0-0-0-

"Boss Marco, if we can shoot at the wheels of their car we can overtake them."

"No! It will be dangerous for Cassie. She's pregnant and we can't risk her safety. . ."

". . .Just stay on their tail and keep your pace steady with their car."

He opened his window and sent a signal to Lance.

"Move to the left side." He said when he saw Lance moved to the other side of the red car.

"Boss, what are you doing?"

"Give me the gun. No! The other one!  Be steady. I don't want my death to be by falling from a moving car."

"Be careful Sir."

And so Marco did what he think was best. When the red BMW was in close proximity, he jumped on top, tightly gripping the sides so he won't fall.

Lance saw that his friend was able to secure his position and he had to do the next move. Ignoring the profane words of the drivers in the freeway that want to get past them, he controlled his speed to match the two cars to execute their plan. It's a good thing that they were now in the middle of a 6 lane freeway.

"Carajo! Do something!"

"Sir, they are limiting our movements, I can't shake them off."

"Good idea! Shake off that bastard on top of my car!"

Miguel out of spite, did something stupid. He opened the car's wide sunroof so he can dislodge Marco from his grip.

Marco saw the chance he was waiting for. With his dexterity and years of doing martial arts, he was able to insanely switch to the side, his feet touching the side of his vehicle for support while he pushed himself up and fought for entrance to Miguel's vehicle.

"Marco! I will kill you for this!" Miguel searched for his gun that fell on the car floor when he opened the car's top. He was still holding on to Cassie.

"Same old Miguel, so full of himself." Marco pointed his gun at Miguel's head.

Miguel's driver swerved to the right. Forcefully hitting Lance's car and which displaced Marco's position.

"Carajo! I said don't ram the right side! Oh God Cassandra!"

Miguel and Marco saw Cassandra's dress pooling in blood.

Marco took his chance and pulled the trigger. Shooting twice at Miguel's driver. Then he got in the passenger side so he can control the steering wheel. The sleeping darts on the gun worked instantaneously.

Miguel recovered from his panic trance and gripped Marco's neck. The car was loosing speed as the driver was now unconscious.

Marco elbowed Miguel's ribs and his hold slightly loosened.

Marco pulled the hand break and with the car's high speed and velocity, the car slowly skidded to a stop. He was still struggling to remove Miguel's grip from his neck.

Sirens of police cars were heard and Miguel knew that he had to escape. He was not going to die without a fight. He took his small knife.

When Miguel was about to stab Marco, a loud gunshot was heard.

Lance and Marco's driver pulled over and ran to the BMW. 

When they opened the car's door, they saw a blood soaked Cassandra and Miguel.

"Lance, bring Cassie to the hospital! She's bleeding!"

Lance did not need any more instructions, he carried his wife who was still holding the gun.

"Wait!"

Marco took the gun from Cassie and then nodded at Lance.

"Go! I'll take care of this mess."

"Thanks Bro."

And Lance carried Cassandra to his car. Marco's driver was already on the driver's seat.

"To the nearest hospital. Drive as fast as you can."

"Lance. . . Im sor. . .ry. . . I should've waited for you. . ."

Cassie's frail voice was enough to break Lance's heart apart.

"Baby, please don't talk. You need your strength. We will reach to the hospital in time. Don't worry."

"Im scared. . ."

"Don't be. Im here. I'll always be here. Please hold on baby. I can't lose you." Lance was now crying as he stroked Cassie's pale face.

". . . scared that I won't. . . be able to . . . see you. . ."

"Shhh. baby hold on please."

". . .I'm tired. . . " Cassie closed her eyes. Lance felt her hands lost its soft grip on his hands.

"Sir we're here." The driver opened their door and Lance hurriedly got off the car and ran towards the Emergency Room.

"Please help my wife! Hurry!"

A young nurse approached Lance as he transferred Cassie to a stretcher.

"Sir, please fill out these out forms. We will take it from here."

Other nurses and a doctor tended right away to their new patient.

"Will she be alright Nurse?"

"We will do our best Sir. The doctor will talk to you as soon as we have an update."

Lance's heart sank into his chest as his wife and unborn child disappeared from view.

"Please Cassie. . .I can't lose you  . . .I can't. God, please help us. Not again please."

***

A/N: I had to set the next few chapters into Private to protect my copyright.

You can read the full story if you follow me. Thank you!

The next chapter is set to private.