Late December Nights

a/n: unedited, excuse the errors.

Summary: in where Perrie's alone on Christmas Eve and gets a call from Jade.

Perrie has never felt so alone in her life as she sat nearby her living room’s window, looking out at the streets, holding a cup of hot cocoa in her hands with a blanket wrapped around her.

It was December 24, Christmas Eve and she was all alone.

Her girlfriend of two years, Jade, was in London, visiting family while Perrie was left here in their flat in California. She didn’t want to visit her family this year, she and her mother isn’t really on good terms with her being gay yet.

And Perrie understood that, so she made the decision to stay away for the moment, at least until her family finally accepted that she likes girls, and loves Jade.

So now, here she was, the flat decorated cheerfully, the Christmas tree in the corner filled with gifts she bought for Jade, garlands hung on the every wall, and it was really full of life but the decorations weren’t enough to cheer Perrie up.

She, no matter how hard it was, avoided to call Jade up because she knew she was with her family. And even though she can’t celebrate Christmas with her family this year, she’s not going to take that away from Jadey.

If you wanna be my lover…

Wait, that was her phone. Hurriedly, she ran towards it, ripping the charger off and answered it, knowing it was her babe.

Pezzzz.” Jade dragged out, voice cheerful as ever.

Perrie smiled through her phone, resisting the urge to scream and laugh at how happy she was to her Jade’s voice, which she found a bit insane.

“Jadey. I miss ya.”

Me too.”

Perrie bit her lip, sitting down on the floor, crossing her legs, her place by the window with the comfy blankets forgotten as she now spoke with her girlfriend.

“Why’d you call?” There was silence, and Perrie tried again, feeling nervous all of a sudden, “I mean, not that I, um, didn’t want ya to call, I just—was a bit curious and—”

Ish alright. Was just calling to know what you’re doin’, is all.

“Nothin’, in particular.” She replied, feeling stupid about it.

Oh, I, erhm, wanted to wish ya Merry Christmas, since its almost 12 an’ all.” Jade said.

“Me too, bubba, merry Christmas.” Perrie whispered.

Are ya gonna be openin’ the presents I gave ya?” Jade asked, excitement lacing through the tone of her voice.

Perrie could almost imagine it, really. The way her brown hazel eyes would look like they’re sparkling, with a cute adorable smile because of the festive holiday.

Pez, love?

She snapped to her senses, replying with a “Yeah.”

Can ya check the time, babe?

Perrie looked at the time on her phone and replied, “12:00, why?”

“‘Cause I have a last minute present for ya.”

Curious, Perrie frowned, “What?”

Open ya door, silly Pez.”

Obligingly, Perrie did as she was told and stood from her spot, phone still up her ear, silence enveloping the entire flat apart from her footsteps that were being made as she went up to the door and peeked through, seeing nothing. She opened it cautiously, stepping outside, seeing nothing nor no one, unfortunately.

“SURPRISE!!!”

“Wha—?”

Attacked by a hug from the side, she fell to the floor with an “Ugmff”, and before she could react, she recognized the familiar scent of hazel and honey.

“Merry Christmas, silly Pezzie.” Was Jade’s greeting, muffled by the fact her head was buried to the crook of Perrie’s neck, sniffing Perrie slightly, making the blonde chuckle lightly at the situation and in shock, she started laughing.

“Jadey!” Was all Perrie could muster as she stood up and pulled Jade up with her and hugged her tightly, pulling her inside their flat before finally closing the door.

“Hi.” Jade said once they were inside, her cheeks pink due to the weather outside.

Perrie, adoration and love filling through her, along with other emotions she couldn’t explain, didn’t reply and just pushed Jade up against the door and kissed her.

Jade gave a muffled yelp of surprise, but didn’t argue and kissed Perrie back, both lips molding together. Perrie wrapped her arms around Jade’s waist, holding even closer than possible and Jade’s hands gripped Perrie’s hair, curling her finger around her blonde locks and her other hand around Perrie’s neck.

They stood there, kissing other, making out for minutes til they found the sanity to stop. For a while.

Perrie and Jade stared at each other for a while, foreheads touching, both wrapped up in their warmth, embracing each other.

“I love you so goddamn much, Jadey.” Perrie said, her breathing uneven.

Jade smiled as closed her eyes, savouring everything and replied, “I love you so goddamn much too, silly Perrie.”

“Silly?!” Perrie said, faking mad, “Who ambushed me, yelling ‘SURPRISE’ at my ear, nearly giving me a heart attack and pushing me to the ground?”

Perrie raised her eyebrows at Jade, who in return giggled and said, “I did not push ya, I hugged you with a bit of force.”

“Yeah?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, I’m glad it happened.”

“Me too.”

And they kissed again, spending Christmas together, unwrapping presents under the Christmas tree, among other things.