Broken Hearts

a/n: song Lightning by Little Mix, unedited, excuse the errors.

warning! this chapter mildly includes the consumption of drugs & alcohol. if you are uncomfortable with it, please skip.
-

Summary: in where Jade leaves Perrie a broken mess.

-

Perrie took another swig of vodka from the bottle as she
laid down on her bed, looking at the night sky she painted on her ceiling.

Her phone vibrated underneath her pillows, distracting her from her thoughts. She took a chance and pulled her phone underneath, and
checked the caller ID.

Jesy, it read.

Ah, it was sweet Jesy, calling to see if Perrie was still alive and well. The best friend of Jade, the very reason why she was drinking and high in the first place.

It was an autumn's afternoon when she met her.

Perrie was sitting on a bench, reading a book, all wrapped up in her scarf and all. Then there she was, with her bright brown hair swept by the wind matched with her big brown eyes that sparkled with mischief, she looked like a part of the autumn scenery.

Gorgeous, was Perrie's first thought, a beautiful siren.

Jade came up to her, tapped her shoulder and asked, "What're
you reading?"

"None of your business." Perrie said stiffly once she realized how close the girl was.

Jade just smiled and laughed, and Perrie was blinded by her
beauty for a moment, unable to look away nor respond.

A few months later, the both of them were at Jade's backyard, laying on the grass, watching the night sky. Such contentment filled Perrie, and she wished she could freeze time altogether.

Jade turned her head and Perrie felt the brunette's gaze on her, so she asked, "What is it?"

Silence engulfed their surroundings.

And then Jade spoke, her voice filled with certainty. "You'll end up falling in love with me."

Jade focused her eyes on the blonde's blue ones, "Don't."

She felt her heartbeat quicken, so she took deep breaths and replied cheekily, "A bit conceited, aren't we?" And then proceeded to denial,
"But no, I won't."

I promise I won't. She said to herself, I'm hoping I won't.

Never was she so wrong. She ended up falling in love with the brunette, but something went wrong along the way. Jade drifted away from
her and as time flew by, her heart broke little by little.

Perrie tried so hard to reach out to Jade, kept calling her, kept texting, kept checking her phone every single moment of the day just to see if Jade
replied and each time she didn't, Perrie grew more and more desperate. She even went as far as getting so pissed drunk that she tattooed 'Jade's' onto her wrist.

Jesy and Leigh Anne, two close friends of Jade's, (whom she had also become close friends with), came to her flat and told her that Jade left. They said the brunette left to chase out her dreams in America, leaving Perrie a complete mess. That was the day she cracked completely, breaking everything she could, tables, lamps, just anything,
so her heart wasn't the only thing broken.

Weeks turned to months, and months turned to a whole year.

Now here she was, empty bottles of vodka surrounding her. Another bottle, half empty in her hands, even though she swore to herself a long time ago that she would never drink til she couldn't think straight. And if you looked around, you'd notice she was also smoking cigarettes and pot, even though she remembered she swore she wouldn't smoke either.

These just show another chain of broken promises she made, how much untrue she is, how weak.

Perrie chuckled, taking another long drag of cigarette, puffing out the smokes onto the night sky on her ceiling. The same night sky she and Jade gazed at when she made a promise not to fall in love with the
brunette.

"I wish I didn't love you." Perrie whispered to herself, gripping the bottle tightly in her hand.

An artificial night sky she made effortlessly, making her
hope and think that maybe, just maybe, she could artificially make happiness as effortlessly as well.

"But I do."